Do you think a monogram backpack looks, uhm, obnoxious?

1. Because it's a whole slab of monogram?

Or does it look ironic?

I don't like too much monogram but I'm drawn to the backpack style. But worried it might look obnoxious.

2. It’s the wearer who ultimately make the bag look either chic or obnoxious, not the item itself.

3. How can the wearer avoid the bag looking obnoxious then?

I'm a very casual dresser. Jeans, shirt, sneakers - do you think this will work?

Sferics and Redenkeew like this.
  4. Like @Redenkeew said, it definitely depends on the person. I feel like the backpack paired with minimalist/ understated clothes would look great, but someone with crazy outfits that are over the top + the backpack would look a little obnoxious. If you're a pretty casual dresser, I think it would be fine!

Born4thjuly, OCMomof3 and Sferics like this.
  5. Definitely no crazy outfits for me. I'm too casual, like uni-studentwear casual.

6. I think it looks great with jeans and a t-shirt. If the outfit is busy, it might clash.

j19, OCMomof3 and Sferics like this.
  7. Last time I was in NYC, on 59th St, walked past a group (maybe 2 dozen) of small children about 9 or 10 yrs. old. They were all neatly dressed in their school uniforms, and nearly every one had on an LV mono backpack. I should have snapped a pic. Has nothing to do with the question, just everytime since that I see or hear about an LV backpack, that mental picture enters my head.

8. Definitely. Either casual or formal, as long as the outfit you wear fits well with your body frame and the situation/environment, it would be fine. Confidence shows through as well.

9. Wear basic clothing with LV monogram and make the whole outfit pop. There are more obnoxious backpack out in the market. I hardly think LV monogram backpack look obnoxious. :smile:

majelheart likes this.
  10. Saw a guy rock a Macassar Josh the other day and it's definitely flashy. I thought it was a little over the top but i prefer Damier so it's subjective.

11. This is the one I bought. The vintage Montsouris GM.

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 11.19.43 AM.png
    Born4thjuly, gelbergirl and prepster like this.
  12. I don't think it look obnoxious, definitely a nice cool vintage look with the darken vachetta. :tup:

Antigone likes this.
  13. I would worry more about the safety of wearing a backpack than look obnoxious, BTW, saw a woman was wearing a fake huge lV backpack in a mall today, I can tell it was a fake right away from the leather handle on the top.

daisychainz likes this.
  14. if you want to avoid the monogram look, the sorbonne backpack is a good look! it's entirely black leather but there is a little bit of imprinted monogram.
    i was looking into the palm springs backpack, but the sorbonne seems like a better fit!

Antigone likes this.
  15. No offense, but this is your second thread about this backpack. It sounds like you are having doubts...maybe it isn’t for you. I believe Givenchy makes some understated black backpacks if that helps.

But as I said in the other thread, the montsouris is a great bag. To me obxnoxious implies caring about what someone else might think. To that I will say many people think LV Monogram is obnoxious on ANY bag, purse or etc. If you like the backpack that’s all that matters.

Carrying LV is no bigger risk than carrying any other brand because the average person can’t tell the real from fake. I use my bags on public transit daily and I don’t feel unsafe. I make sure that I wear it on the front if it’s crowded to avoid pickpockets. I also pay attention, thieves usually rob people that are distracted or otherwise an easy target. HTH

Missydora, LuxePRW and CornishMon like this.