do you tend to buy new or pre-loved?

mutt lover

O.G.
Feb 2, 2010
I'm just curious. I was wondering whether most of you buy new or pre-loved Bal bags (or both!), and as a secondary question whether you generally pay full retail price or close to it, either way.

Since they don't seem to go on sale much and many of the good condition pre-loved bags seem to be close to retail, I'm guessing the answer to question 2 is yes, but just wondering.

I prefer new, but I have picked up some close to mint bags pre-loved. Depending on the colour, it may be close to retail, may be a bit lower or in some cases (like my Apple Green) much higher than retail.

I thought that I would like pre-loved better since I was so afraid to use/damage a new bag, but I kind of like the thought of breaking it in myself now...just need to get over my fear! :biggrin:

I'm ok with either. But the pre-loved has to be in mint/excellent condition. The handles & corners are very important to me. But I've just gotten "bitten" in the sense that due to oversight, my mint bag didnt turn out to be as flawless as I thot it was (not Bal btw). But since it's at the back and it's not really that obvious I'll live with it.

Because of this, I'm kinda worried getting used bag. The oldies are indeed lovely in terms of color & leather, but I'm apprehensive still.. especially in terms of colour fading, leather wearing etc.