do you tend to buy new or pre-loved?

I would rather buy new, but if I really want an older color or style, I'll buy pre-owned, but I really don't like paying retail for a bag used by another. And I really don't want to pay over retail for any bag. I think that I have only done that once or twice for an older bag and then it wasn't more than $100 over the original retail price of the bag, which is probably about retail now.

i prefer new bags, but pre owned but new or near new bags are good too if they are lower than retail..good deal! Also, if i want older bag then I'd have to go with used...and if i REALLY LOVE it..i did pay above retail..~~cant help it!!! but I do pay below for like new ones too so I think it balances out =)

I love my bags broken in, so I get excited to buy them "pre-loved!!"

It's also a stress-reliever for me to browse auction and consignment listings, so I enjoy looking around.

My current collection is about half/half. When I do purchase new bags, it's important to me that the leather is soft. I do have one City that I ordered from BalNY and it is taking forever to break in the way I like it... they all come around eventually, but I don't particularly enjoy carrying around a stiff bag, so if I had to do it over again I probably would have waited for this color and style to come up on RDC or elsewhere in mint condition. Like some of the other posters, I draw the line at paying above retail, but I would definitely pay full price for a broken-in bag in mint condition, especially in a discontinued color. I just get more enjoyment out of a nice, slouchy bag!!

Like ehemelay, I prefer bags that have already been gently and lovingly broken-in - or at least feel like they have been, as I am partial to very soft, distressed leather.

So, if the leather fits the above criteria, it doesn't matter to me whether the bag is pre-loved or present season - if it's the colour I've been looking for, I will purchase it.

My bags are about half pre-loved and half new, but they are all soft, distressed leathers.

I would not pay for a pre-loved bag that is above retail value, and which is the same colour as a new bag... unless it is an Officier or a Marine RH City :biggrin:

However, in Oz, because the tax is so high, pre-loved is always less pricey for me than purchasing new.

To me, broken-in and mint don't belong in the same sentence! :biggrin:

I would rather purchase brand new because I'm ultra picky about cleanliness. I have to really know and trust a seller to buy preowned.

I don't mind the Pre-loved as long as in Excellent/Mint condition esp w/ a great price. I buy brand new if they're w/ the discount like ****** or Store Sale. I tried to stay away from retail full price.

I prefer to buy new bags and I like to break them in myself.
But I will buy pre-loved if it's a colour/style I really, really want - in near mint condition and if the price is fair.

I prefer new. I bought a couple of older bags and was then disappointed in the condition. If I do buy pre-owned again it will have to be mint or in excellent condition at below retail price.