Do You tell your DH the True Cost of a LV??

I live by the motto: It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission" then...if that doesn't work....I remind him of the LV he bought an old girlfriends WAY before me!!! I know...it's irrelevent but the argument still shuts him up!! :smile:

I'm not married but lots of my friends ask and I'm honest if I'm close with them. My parent's live in a different city and as far as they know I only have one bag. If they see my others I am going to tell them I got a great deal on ebay. Which is so silly since I am completely independent and pay for them myself. I guess I just don't want to see the disapproving look.

My ex would ask me how much my purses cost. I would never say.

But he also understands this sort of thing as a "necessary evil." For Christmas two years ago he asked me why I couldn't be "normal" and just ask for a LV? :biggrin:

He doesn't know how much down to the dollar because I pay for my bags myself. He likes Prada a lot (especially those oh-so-exciting black shoes:rolleyes:) so he's not exactly a high end virgin.

I'm a stay-at-home so my shopping's done weekdays. Whether it's online or from the mall, he doesn't really notice. If I ask what he thinks on something I bought he'll just give his brutal opinion. LOL. He's not...difficult.

As far as telling DH - he doesn't care. I have told my mom about my most recent purchases and she just laughs - I bought 2 GUCCI from the GUCCI store, plus a wallet from NM and then a checkbook/wallet from the GUCCI outlet and then last weeek I bought my 1st LV BH from exluxury.com - and she just laughs! It's great!!!

i only tell him if he asks, which he usually doesn't. and even when he does, he is shocked for about 2 seconds and then forgets about it since he's not the one paying for it anyways!

i used to hide these things from my ex..but he actually walked into LV once before we broke up and once after we broke up and patiently waited as i bought my bags..whenever he asks i just say it's expensive..but he normally asks once and gives up...he always tells me he admires the fact that i can get whatever i want (he's very careful with his money, which is a +++) but it's kinda funny now..we've been together for 5 yrs and broke up for about 4 months..and i'm on a purse ban because i've promised him i won't buy anymore until i graduate (he asked me to promise him on a good note..so that i can have enough for my expenses until i grad)..

anyway, getting off topic..i don't say it, but he has an idea of how much they cost.

He's mainly the one buying them for me but if I did buy it myself he'd know for sure np . he is the one who got me into purses and he doesn't mind me loving them at all :smile: