Do you tell people how much you spend on your MJ bag???

I really only disclose information to the people who understand the obsession. Some people don't understand at all, and I really don't like to get into those discussions anyway.

I really only disclose information to the people who understand the obsession. Some people don't understand at all, and I really don't like to get into those discussions anyway.

i totally agree. very few people understand why i love buying bags, and i think it's a matter of personal perspective. i try not to judge or make comments about how other people spend money on things i don't spend on. i don't think it's anybody's business, duty, and/or job to be commenting on how one spends their money. i remember comments made about my mj capra...and now it's moved on to my prada nappa gauffre. i got a break with my bv large veneta, but that's because not everyone recognizes that brand where i live. yes, i like expensive bags...:rolleyes:

Here is my take on this subject. I figure since I work very hard to get the good things in life why should it matter How Much it Costs. For those who ask and then have looks of amazment on how much I paid.:amazed: I basically tell them, "For the work I do and the sacrifices I make, I give of my time and stay late at work on occassions, therefore this is my reward." When I tell them that they think about it and usually understand.

I avoid the question. I know people would go crazy if I told them how much I spent, so I avoid the question. It's not like I spend ALL of my money frivolously. I put a lot into savings and give myself a tight spending budget. Everything I have, I've worked hard for. So I don't feel like anyone should make me feel guilty for awarding myself.

I have a thing against bringing expensive bags to work so I try to avoid it.

My SO knows how much they are, he doesn't like it, but everyone has their vices and it's not like I ask him to buy it for me. Actually, if he did buy one for me, I'd probably return it. I see my bags as my awards to myself, so it's like personal pride to be able to afford it myself. When I buy bags, as long as I have money to pay bills and put some in savings, its ok. (...I think)

I don't. It's none of their business. Besides, if they want to know that badly, they can find out. I'm sure they've heard of Google.

:yes:

I tell my SO or my family if they ask but otherwise I don't. Most of the time I'll just say "Enough" or "I don't remember" - I don't like talking about stuff like that, frankly it's none of their business.