Do you talk to your pets?

I talk to my cat Armani all the time... and he definitely understands a lot :shame: When I call his name, he comes :smile: When I tell him it's time to eat, he follows me and runs up to his food dish :shame: Aaahhh I miss my cat :sad: Only 10 more days before I go home :smile:

I speak to mine, and I think they pretty much know what I am saying. However, they could not give a rat's @ss and they ignore me all the time. They are dachshunds, it is a genetic thing.

i totallly talk to my pets like they are human. not sure they understand what the hell i am saying, but I like to think they do:yes: some dogs can learn up to 50 words, so I always talke to mine. I swear they do listen.

I've always talked to my cats and Osacr is amazingly talktative.

Apparently all they hear is blah blah blah Oscar blah blah food blah blah treats blah blah biscuits etc etc but I KNOW he undertands everything I say!:smile:

Now only if he could bring me a drink...that would be awesome!!!

:roflmfao:

Of course I talk to my dog, she's my second daughter:smile: Now what I think is funny, is when I hear my husband chatter away to her, when he thinks nobody's listening, he always points out that I'm the only reason we have a dog and she's a pain in the neck..

I do that to my cats. When they're in the right mood, they'll answer me.

(When I first moved to Toronto, I'd be on the phone with my dad, and if Willie was close by, I'd ask my dad to hold the phone up to Willie and I'd say hi. For a while, he'd purr and rub up against the phone.)