Do you take your dustbag with you

I just try to be careful when I go out to eat or running errands. However, since I live in Florida I have a tall kitchen trash bag folded flat and put into a sandwich size baggie that is kept in each of my handbags. I've had to use it on more than one occasion when it is raining. (It may look foolish but I don't care. Better that than a ruined bag that I have to look at..or never want to look at again)

I got the idea of using my purse dust bag in my purse from another thread. But it is only used when I am at home or at work.
At work, I have no place to hang my bag (without it getting stolen) or lock it up in my desk. I do find it annoying that I can't lock up my coat or bag and have to carry it with me, wherever I go at work.

No. Because I carry a lot of stuffs and i don't have enough space for a dustbag. But I do extra care whenever I'm out with my precious handbags. And always carry it on my lap whenever I'm sitting down, or my hubby carries it whenever we're walking on the street. I got mad with him before just because he placed my handbag on a shopping mall's floor! And said no big deal because it was just a handbag.. And I told him "This handbag is worth your drum accessories." So from that day onwards, he always takes care of my belongings and like what I'm doing, he's always aware where he places my handbag on public places. Hehe!

I don't take my dust bag with me. I just try to find another chair or put it in my lap if I'm somewhere I wouldn't want to put it down. I did however see someone carrying their Coach bag and a Coach dust bag the other day. Both bags looked full of stuff.

I've never really had to think about it since it never rains where I live! Plus I tend to stay away from leather bottomed bags now, unless it's a sealed leather like most Coach bags.

No I'd just keep it on my lap.
and it raaaarely rains here so I'm not worried about them getting wet :smile:
But the last time we went to Dubai it rained like crazy and I had to find a plastic bag to put it in ..no fun! lol

I hate even carrying an umbrella with me, so I never even consider carrying the dustbag. I just protect the bag as much as I can with my body. Unless we have a rainy day predicted.....then I use one of my bags that I don't care too much about.

I've never thought of carrying dust bags or plastic bags. I think it would look a bit weird.
Never heard of purse hangers before either, though after googling them, they do look quite cool. Might have to get one, anyone got any suggestions as to the best siet to get them from or are they all pretty standard?

No, I never take the dustbag with me. I agree that bags have to be used and I don't want to baby it. Moreover, people would give me weird looks and would laugh if I put my bag in its dustbag at the restaurant, and it's the last thing I want.