Travel Do you take nice purses while travelling?

I travel with most of my handbags, taking naturally to consideration the country and what I'm doing ( business, beach, hiking, shopping) during my trips. I don't use subways, trains ( except a shuttle from the airport) so mostly cabs and 5 star hotels. The stars can give safety but are not an absolute guarantee. Having something expensive means being responsable and concious of your surroundings. Everything is not meant to be shown walking down the street.

I take a nice nondescript bag while traveling. Will Leather Goods makes excellent travel bags. Especially for the plane. Not necessarily a well known name nor pricey (travel totes are around the $400-$450 range).

When I do take nicer (aka pricey bags) it depends on where I'm traveling but they still won't be something that screams what brand it is.

Frankly, pickpockets will likely be more interested in what's INSIDE your bag than the bag itself. It's less likely that they'll steal your entire bag as it's harder to get away with that than just taking your wallet from your bag. Personally, when I travel, I take into account utility (pockets, compartments, zippers, how easy it is to carry) and durability (is the leather too prone to scratching, will it hold up when traveling on the train or a little bit of rain). "Will this be too flashy?" is probably the last of my considerations. Then again, my bags go-to designer bags for travel tend to be on the nondescript side (the Celine trio is a favorite for travel), so none of them will really be too "flashy".

I am on the fence about this; I have to be honest. I find myself bringing my nice purses when I go to cities like London, Hong Kong, Tokyo. (feels good to dress up in these cities). But I was pickpocketed when I am in southern spain(I was with my child and was probably distracted by my child).

I, however, watch more my jewellery. We went on a road trip to Malaysia last year and we (two couples) kept our best watches/jewellery at home. We did not plan it.

Reactions: Mininana
I always have one tote I'm using while traveling and then one crossbody I pack into my carry on. The crossbody bag is usually small, easy to wear, and fuss free. But sometimes I even leave that in the hotel room if I don't need it. So basically I would have two nice bags while traveling. My tote is my Celine Phantom and my crossbody is usually my Céline trio or Givenchy Pandora mini. The Chanels and Hermes stay home.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Going through this decision soon. I'm going on a trip and would love to take one of my H bags. It's a great chance to use and enjoy it. I will be spending most of my days outside however at a sporting event so I am not sure if its a good idea. It will either bake in the sun or possibly encounter rain (I will prepare for that, the sun, not sure what to do about that). I'm also not sure where I will put it during the event (how spacious the seating will be, if it will be distracting in my lap).

I usually bring one of each... My Gucci crystal coated crossbody has proved its weight in gold! I have even taken it to Disney World because it is so convenient and worry free! This frequently travels with me!

I just went through my travel pics... so I brought a small Marc Jacobs cross body for tours and going to more tourist places (ie the Colosseum) where pic pockets are. I also have an evening bag with me at all times.

Black Chanel reissue 225 is my favorite travel bag. Chic, understated, light, and worry free. The back compartment can be used to store metro tickets, which is my preferred method of transportation. So it's very convenient for me.

Yes, I travel with my H, Goyard, Chanel and LV. The first two aren't that recognizable for pick pockets I think and I'm generally quite paranoid when out and about (whether it's my hometown and while travelling), so nothing ever happened.

Good question...my designer bag collection is split in 2 categories : bags for everyday use and special items for...well obviously special occasions.:cool:
I travel regularly and try to travel light, so I fly with any of my "everyday" designer bags since they are practical and usually easily replaceable classics and covered by my travel insurance, meaning I won't completely lose my mind if (God forbid) the unspeakable happened.

My go to travel bag is an LV Speedy 40, for me it's a perfect sized flight handbag since it sits nicely on top of my cabin case as I wheel it around and it's a safe place to keep my wallet / passport / travel documents - I actually lock it to keep thieving fingers out (yep that padlock ain't just for show). Also if my checked in luggage is overweight (like always:doh:) I just remove a few pairs of shoes and put them at the bottom of my Speedy which normally gets me through the luggage drop without paying excess fees! My ID & travel docs are kept inside a matching Mono LV clutch detached from my Neverfull, and this little wonder also doubles up as my evening bag/ day clutch while I'm away.
This trusty duo covers me for all eventualities.

At the end of the day, use what you feel comfortable with.
In my opinion it is blatantly obvious when someone is carrying a designer bag in a "look @ me I have a designer bag" fashion, and those types will probably attract more undesirable attention than someone who is using a nice bag in a low key manner, i.e not strutting like a peacock.

I did, but will re think going forward as my Chloe mini Marcie and I took an unexpected dip in the pool on the way back from breakfast after slipping on the edge of the pool.... no alcohol to blame only tea [emoji51]

I'm currently travelling through Asia and I have the patent Chanel WOC and speedy soft leather. The speedy is discreet and the Chanel I just carry the flap towards my body so people just see it as a normal quilted pattern bag.

I usually bring my black Chanel Timeless clutch and use them for special dinners / lunches I have booked :smile:

I do carry my older, beaten up designer handbags around for sightseeing. If I know that I will be relying on public transport a lot, I will use Louis Vuitton Damier (with straps) or Longchamp so I can at least carry a small water bottle and a foldable umbrella with me. If I am going to drive around in a rented car, I will use my vintage Chanel Classic Flap (so I can have great Chanel in Action shots, LOL!).

It really depends on the cities that you are visiting. If you are worried, my advice is best not to bring it out as you will spend more time worrying about your babies rather than enjoying your vacation.

Reactions: missconvy