Do You Support The Death Penalty ?

devoted said:
But it's justice, LIFE is precious, these murderers are allowed to breathe air, have thoughts, feelings, etc while their victims are in the ground rotting.

So how can people be prevented from murdering and raping?Those psychos don't fear jail time or the death penalty, they commit crimes because they want to.

sorry.'re not going to convince me state paid for and sanctioned murder is better and holier than on the street murder. they are both murder. you are the same mursderer no matter how you've done it. i'm not pro-death penalty, and you can attempt to convince me till the cows come home. and the death penalty doesn't prevent crime either.

organic said:
sorry.'re not going to convince me state paid for and sanctioned murder is better and holier than on the street murder. they are both murder. you are the same mursderer no matter how you've done it. i'm not pro-death penalty, and you can attempt to convince me till the cows come home. and the death penalty doesn't prevent crime either.

I thought I was just debating and not trying to convince you of anything.....:huh:

Your point is valid about the state funded murder....it is murder, either way. BUT, murdering a murderer....and murdering a child is NOT equal.

esiders said:
As a victim of a violent crime: I support the death penalty and I am fortunate to live in a state that supports it as well (New Jersey).

It easy to say you don't support the death penalty when you have never been a victim.
Hello. While I do respect your view I just want to say that I have personally been a crime victim. I was kidnapped and held at gunpoint for well over an hour. I knew at any time my head could be blown off. I began praying like I never prayed before and the truth is I felt an overwhelming sense of sorrow for this man. I never felt at all like if this guy killed me that he should get the death penalty. I knew where I was going. He was the one that needed help. Not trying to convince you, just letting you know that you can be a crime victim and still be against the death penalty.

Yes. In a perfect world that is where no innocents are killed. But really, think serial killers here, that beyond a doubt DID commit the crime. Why should I pay to keep those mofo's alive? They do not deserve to get away with living and breathing and socializing. They deserve death.
I think its pretty comforting for these A******* to think they only have to go to jail...most of them like it there anyways.

I don't think capital punishment is a deterrant but is a solution to getting these nuts out of society. I do not want my tax dollars going to support killers with 3 square meals and child molester with counseling. To me, murderer, drug dealer, molesters, etc, they are all scum and there is nothing they can do to revert the damage they have done.

Danica said:
Yes. In a perfect world that is where no innocents are killed. But really, think serial killers here, that beyond a doubt DID commit the crime. Why should I pay to keep those mofo's alive? They do not deserve to get away with living and breathing and socializing. They deserve death.
I think its pretty comforting for these A******* to think they only have to go to jail...most of them like it there anyways.

actually, because of the automatic appeals death penalty cases get, it costs a royal fortune to keep people on death row.

organic said:

When I was younger, I thought as you did, but once I had children and all the fears and worries that comes with parenthood, I do not want to take the chance with my child's life and future.

It may not prevent all crimes, but it is the appropriate punishment for some crimes.

I believe in an "eye for an eye ".........to an extent , if it is intended malice ........and u have no trace of remorse. than death it shall be

Do you beileve in rehabiliation ???