Do you subconsciously change your Chanel bag for something less "designer"?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. As I was getting ready for farmers market this morning, emptying the contents of my classic Jumbo (which I wear as my everyday bag, along with reissue at times) to a Lanvin (which is very under the radar), I suddenly had a revelation that I often do this, subconsciously changing my Chanel bag for something less "designer" when I go to the market, be it supermarket or farmers market, even Costco. I don't think it has much to do with the weight of the bag or conveniences, more so that I don't want to show up in those places in a Chanel if that makes sense. Am I totally crazy and alone in this?

2. Yes I do this "consciously" lol. I also don't want to be at certain places with certain bags that may feel a bit inappropriate like charity events etc.

3. No, never. I carry Chanel with my workout clothes.

loveydovey35 and tolliv like this.
  4. I once went to Costco wearing skirt and Chanel bag. My bf said, look at everyone around you, who dress like this in Costco? I was speechless. Lol

5. I wear my Chanel most everywhere except on vacation or heavy duty shopping at a wearhouse sale where I don't want to worry about it getting stolen etc.

6. I wear my Chanels everywhere - starbucks, farmers market, whole foods, costco..you name it! Some days,my bag doesn't even match my outfit. I just walk down in my sweat pants and my Chanel tote to grab some yogurt and almond milk! I have no shame...LOL

7. I sometimes do this when i go out for a quick bite, when i go walmart, costco i just bring my wallet or my "dump" bag lol the bag that i dump everything in. For certain places, chanel is too.. flashy lol

loveydovey35 likes this.
  8. sometimes... i don't change it for walmart or target or grocery shopping, but i will sometimes change it if i know i'm going to a place (or into a neighborhood) where other people seriously cannot afford chanel... you have to be aware of your 'audience' i think. it's not a negative thing to know there is a time and place for certain bags and looks:smile:

9. Yes! I change my bags out depending on where I'm going...I love Chanel but I don't think Chanel is meant to go everywhere I go :smile:

Bags_4_life likes this.
  10. I sometimes get self-conscious because although I live in NYC, most people in my circle don't wear high-end designer stuff like I do. I've learned to care less but I will still have limits to what I feel comfortable wearing. For example, I will be more likely to get self-conscious wearing the Jumbo than the mini, reissue, or GST.

11. I never change my bag due to concern for wearing "Chanel at the store", the only time I change it out is when I want to avoid situations where I know their is potential for it to get stained, etc.

12. No subconscious about it -- I volunteer at an animal shelter and even though my bag goes in a locker and most of the people who work there probably aren't familiar with a lot of luxury designer goods, I don't wear Chanel there. Usually it's Longchamp, or maybe an Hermes Garden Party bag since that is completely under the radar.

MochaJen likes this.
  13. I def change from my Chanel bags when going certain places.

MochaJen likes this.
  14. I change my bag almost everyday, I sometimes change bags multiple times during weekends depending on what I do and where I go. That's a tiring habit I have to admit.

MochaJen likes this.
  15. I substitute teach in Title 1 schools where most of the kids are economically disadvantaged, so it would be tacky for me to show up with a bag that could pay for their food for a few months.