Do you still use your older treasures after you get new ones?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Here's my question: I have a few LV epi leathers, a couple of great bottegas, Hayden Harnett and a Botkier - all fairly recent purchases. Are they going to become last years news soon or can I break them out again in future seasons? What do you do as your collection grows? Are there certain ones you feel hold up better (from a fashion standpoint) over time?

2. every now and then i'll use my old ones. I'll need to see it to remember i own it though :P

3. I always use my older bags. I don't care if they don't look exactly like the current crop of bags; but I do insist that they should have elements in common with current fashions and I'll only carry them if I feel they look right with the clothes and colours of the season (or the upcoming season). :yes:

Sometimes I'll buy a bag, because I love it, even though it doesn't look right with any of the clothes I'm wearing that season. Even if I don't get around to carrying it much straight away, I don't care, because almost invariably, a year or two later, it looks perfect with everything! :biggrin:

Actually, I think only wearing current season clothes and accessories (without any past season and/or vintage items) can look a touch unimaginative...

ETA: Whoops! Forgot to answer your question about which bags hold up better (from a fashion standpoint) over time - I think it's wise to avoid the 'it' bags (unless you really love one, of course), as they will inevitably tend to look more obviously of a certain season, than a less known style.

Although, if you pack them away and break them out again after 20 years, they will no doubt look perfect again! :biggrin: