Do you still use your designer bags once you have children?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Or do you end up leaving them behind in favour of diaper bags and other baby miscellany?

haylesjw likes this.
  2. Often wondered this myself for all the ladies with heaps of gorgeous designer bags. I don't have all that many designer bags myself, but since having my first child 7 months ago, I mainly just use my nappy (diaper) bag daily. I got a cute aqua coloured Kate Spade baby bag, so I think it looks nice. Every now and then for a date night, I bring out a fancy bag paired with some designer heels etc

3. Should also add - the amount of cr*p you need to pack and bring with you daily won't fit in any of my designer bags, which is the main reason I use a baby bag. Also from fear of things leaking/spilling too

4. I do. My son is 2 and I have never owned a diaper bag. I have an extra large Longchamp pouch with a changing pad, diapers, etc. that I transfer from bag to bag. When he was smaller, I could fit extra changes of clothes in there. Now I have the diaper pouch and two extra mesh bags - one with two changes of clothes and another smaller one with some sticker books and Hot Wheels.

kkfiregirl likes this.
  5. Yes, I bring a diaper bag and still carry my Lady Dior bag every day. At first I wondered how I was going to do it also, like would it be tacky to bring both?, but I stick them both in the basket under the stroller and it’s easy that way I don’t have to be without my store cards and makeup and I still have everything for my baby. Luckily my Dior is patent leather also so everything wipes off really easy.

kkfiregirl likes this.
  6. Yes, I practically only wear Hermes bags and I use them daily with my 3 kids (incl. a newborn). The bags are meant to be used, not displayed. I use a skiphop travel change pad to carry diapers, wipes, change of clothes for baby and underwear for my toddler. Any toys or waterbottles get thrown in my H bag and snacks goin a lunch bag.
    I would never get to use my bags again if I did not use with the kids.

doni, Spardeshi, mushashi415 and 2 others like this.
  7. Whilst mine were still in the pushchair then they had their own bag and I had mine. Their bag went on the pushchair and I carried mine. When they abandoned the pushchair then they didn't really need to take anything out with them so now I just have my own bag (they are 6 and 3).

doni, kkfiregirl and BBC like this.
  8. I still carry my designer bags. I have a diaperbag/backpack that hangs on the stroller and I carry my bag.

9. Yes all the time. My daughter is now four and is getting into designer bags (ha) so no worries about issues with them. I don’t need to carry a lot for her now but when she was younger I had a separate diaper bag when I needed more room for her things. I have Louis Vuitton, Burberry and Chanel bags. So far they have been fine.

10. Yes! Infact, I became interested in designer handbags only AFTER having children. I didn't care for them at all before. It's sad to admit but I started really lusting after bags when I had to accept I just don't fit into or look the same in my pre-mom clothes anymore. This is not to say I never lost the baby weight, it's just I've aged and no matter how much I take care of myself, the changes will show. My personal style has had to evolve. In that sense, it's uplifting to know that the bags are a one size fits all for the most part and I can enjoy them regardless of how I change [even more] through the years. In regards to to toting a baby bag around, I have a little pouch with diapers and changes of clothes but that fits into my LV Iena MM or Balenciaga Velo quiet easily. My stroller also has a bag hook which lets me carry any bag on it while out.

11. This attitude is partly motivating my interest in getting a new bag—whatever your body size or shape, the bag will always fit!

MsHermesAU and kkfiregirl like this.
  12. I definitely still use my designer bags since DD. I would never convert to using a “ mom bag” or wear “mom jeans” or get a “mom haircut.” I’m still me. The baby is an excuse to have wipes for easy clean up on your nice things.

Answerbar1 likes this.
  13. Very interesting post. It would be awesome if you ladies can include pics ?

14. Yes, I still use my designer bags. In fact, I started using one of my designer bags as a "diaper bag."

solange likes this.
  15. Right after I had my baby, no. I was also a really nervous first time mother, and wanted everything I would ever need with me whenever I went out... so my priority was always my baby and me and my items were always an afterthought. But I really missed using my designer bags (and I received one from DH as a push present that I wanted to have a reason to take out!). After the first three months, I started to gain a bit of confidence and reminded myself that self-care was important too. I started to carry a diaper bag for the baby, and my own items in my bags. I had forgotten how good they made me feel in my frumpy, sleep-deprived state. My bag preferences have changed, though. I will always have a soft spot for shoulder bags and hand-carried bags, but I am really liking larger crossbodies right now. It’s nice to have free hands when you’re juggling a car seat, diaper bag, and other items when you’re out and about.
    If I’m going out quickly, I’ll throw a travel change pad in my bag. If I’m going out for more than three hours and need drinks and snacks, I’ll bring a full size diaper bag plus my own bag.
    I’m still figuring out how to incorporate my own personal style with my new role as a parent, so it’s great to read what others are doing with their older children!

Answerbar1, sunnnuvegur and taho like this.