do you still love your old school RM bags?

leather looks fab and priced very well
but I bought and returned a matinee years ago. as I recall it wouldn't fit comfortably on my shoulder.....if this one doesn't have marks on it and any noticeable wear, it's a steal for someone.
and I don't currently have a grey bag

I think it looks beautifully broken in. Give it some work and it will be gorgeous ;)

Reactions: sdkitty
I have fallen in deep deep first love excitement with the MAB again. My first one was elephant back when they were first out. I have built a collection of 7 over the pandemic and two more on the way. This basketweave arrived today and I'm on here trying to figure out how to treat the darkened handles. Hehe need to find a crossbody strap for it too. Back under the RM spell. It's got me bad.

Attachments

• IMG_5885.jpeg
    IMG_5885.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 6
I have fallen in deep deep first love excitement with the MAB again. My first one was elephant back when they were first out. I have built a collection of 7 over the pandemic and two more on the way. This basketweave arrived today and I'm on here trying to figure out how to treat the darkened handles. Hehe need to find a crossbody strap for it too. Back under the RM spell. It's got me bad.
I'll preface this by saying I will probably not be much help. I have the exact same bag but in the MAM size. My handles were also quite dark. I tried cleaning them and applying shoe cream, but it didn't work. I think there were too many oils on the handle. I love that bag too much to sell it so I just bought some twillies on etsy for it. Let me know if you find something that works!
IMG_5394.JPG

Oh I know that spell! I can't even tell you how many I got this year!
That's a beautiful bag. I think I used dawn mixed with water and cornstarch and a toothbrush over and over and a lot of paper towels. Blotting not rubbing. Then I used a shoe cream in a lighter brown color. It was so long ago I don't remember exactly what I did.
What is the lining in your bag?
And I'm dying to know what others you have!

Last edited:
I'll preface this by saying I will probably not be much help. I have the exact same bag but in the MAM size. My handles were also quite dark. I tried cleaning them and applying shoe cream, but it didn't work. I think there were too many oils on the handle. I love that bag too much to sell it so I just bought some twillies on etsy for it. Let me know if you find something that works!
View attachment 5058633
Damn that looks beautiful!!

Welcome back to the RM club! I just started buying more again too. It's so fun hunting them down!

View attachment 5058633

Twillies are a perfect match!