Do you still love your medium rockstud spike bag?

earthygirl

Apr 20, 2018
I have a variety of classic style handbags (mostly Chanel, Goyard, Loewe and Celine) and am thinking about downsizing. My medium rockstud spike bag in army/dark olive green may be on the chopping block. I don’t want to regret letting go of something I love (but don’t use often enough)and regret it in the future.

Im just curious about your thoughts if you also own this bag. Do you still love your medium rockstud bag? How long have you had it? Do you wear it casually or only when dressed up? Do you think you use it often enough? Do you think this bag is a classic style? I know it’s been around for a while and rockstuds aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, but does it feel like a trendy bag or A more classic style in your collection?

Thank you for your sharing your thoughts!

I have the medium and I LOVE IT! I have had it since 2018 and can't say enough about how well the leather on this wears, just gorgeous and luscious; mine still looks new like on day one. Honestly one of the best bangs for my buck ever, and like you, I own Chanel, Goyard, Loewe, Celine etc. I don't wear mine too frequently either, and I do feel you being on the fence re. trendiness vs. classicality but even if you put this bag away for a couple of years, I really do believe you will be so glad to be able to pull it back out of your wardrobe later on down the road. And I'm saying that as someone who indulged herself in the metallic pink version :biggrin:
IMG_5887.jpeg

I have the medium and I LOVE IT! I have had it since 2018 and can't say enough about how well the leather on this wears, just gorgeous and luscious; mine still looks new like on day one. Honestly one of the best bangs for my buck ever, and like you, I own Chanel, Goyard, Loewe, Celine etc. I don't wear mine too frequently either, and I do feel you being on the fence re. trendiness vs. classicality but even if you put this bag away for a couple of years, I really do believe you will be so glad to be able to pull it back out of your wardrobe later on down the road. And I'm saying that as someone who indulged herself in the metallic pink version :biggrin:
View attachment 4796415
That pink is one of my dream bags. I'm constantly stalking pre-loved sites hoping one pops up. It's BEAUTIFUL!

Reactions: miniwatt
View attachment 4796415
I think you’re right...I think I just need to put it away for a while and when life goes back to normal I can think about it after I’ve had a chance to use it and enjoy it again. I just don’t feel right wearing a flashy handbag right now given the current global situation. Even though it does not have logos, it still looks like a fancy purse. I bought it because I love it and actually hope to wear it more frequently. I love the juxtaposition of a blingy purse worn with a casual outfit. Maybe I need to de clutter some other aspect of my home right now and leave the handbags alone! Haha

Thank you for your insight and I love your metallic pink! It is stunning!

Reactions: miniwatt
I recently bought the medium in red and it was my first new bag after a 10 year hiatus from luxury bag purchasing. I LOVE IT.
When I was active on TPF a decade ago, I was very much a Chanel girl and my red rockstud spike has actually replaced my white flap as my favorite bag. I use it casually but haven't had a chance to dress it up because I'm still not really going anywhere...but two days ago, I wore it for an outing to Sam's Club lol. It kicks up a simple pair of shorts, a tee and sneakers in the same way a Chanel bag does. I'm not sure it will have the same staying power as Chanel but I see it as kind of an "edgy" Chanel cousin with the spikes on a quilted bag and I LOVE the handle which is so unique to the bag and now a detail that I've noticed other luxury brands have been adding...LV comes to mind