Do you still like the Gustto Baca?

Do you think Baca is still cool and would you wear it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
Why or why not?

Do you think its played out, or do you think its still "relevant"

Tell me your thoughts, I'd love to hear!:yes:

Pictures are of both the Baca and the Big Baca

Attachments

• BACA by Gustto_thumb.jpg
    BACA by Gustto_thumb.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 201
  • gus3022blk.jpg
    gus3022blk.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 273
  • gustt1000812091_201x396_1.jpg
    gustt1000812091_201x396_1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 275
  • halle_berry400.jpg
    halle_berry400.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 346
  • 15582-viewsize300-front.jpg
    15582-viewsize300-front.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 259
I always love me a big, slouchy, pettable bag and this one, to me, epitomizes that! I'm not a fan of the ones with contrast/patent trim, and I think it's not as popular now as it once was, but I still think this is a great bag.

I had thought about selling mine but can't bring myself to do it. That leather is just so so smushable. I haven't had anything quite the same so I think I better hold on to this "passing Fancy" bag. It does seem that the craze is over but the bag has it's qualities that drew me to it in the first place. Too bad about the lining but I've gotten over that.

Why or why not?

Do you think its played out, or do you think its still "relevant"

Tell me your thoughts, I'd love to hear!:yes:

Pictures are of both the Baca and the Big Baca

Next to my Mike & Chris Berkeley bags, my Baca bags are my favorite casual bags. The leather is smushy and soft. Durability is important as I tend to carry quite a bit in my bags and these guys are well put together. I have the large Baca in a beige(sorta off-white), brown, and most recently the winter white with patent trim. The straps hug my short shoulders nicely which is a plus as most other bags slide off. I will never ever sell my Bacas.

I love them and would definitely put one on my "wishlist". You don't see them very often in Chicago so to me they stand out a little bit more. Everyone seems to mention the lining though...what's wrong?

Anne

I have one that I am trying to sell on the MarketPlaza. Everyone is right about the soft, squishy leather. Mine is chocolate with black patent trim. Very pretty but I am selling it b/c I never reach for it! I hate having a bag that goes unused.

windycityaj, the lining is bright yellow. A lot of people have complained about it!

Here are pictures of my bag, with flash and without

Attachments

• IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1652.jpg
    IMG_1652.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1653.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 245
Oh, about it being played out or not. Well, I buy bags that I love and try not to base my purchases on the current trends. I did buy this bag due to all the raves on this board, but besides this board, I don't think I have ever seen anyone wear this bag irl. I have seen a few woman sporting Gustto bags but not the Baca. So in my case, I could care less if it's "hot" or not. In fact, if ever other woman was wearing it, I would not want to wear it.

Gustto leather is so delicious and I don't think the bag is high-profile enough to become dated (at least as a casual bag)! However, I found the Baca to be an awkward fit on my shoulder. That was disappointing too since I *really* like the Baca look! Could just be my body though. :shrugs:

While shopping last weekend I saw two women, one with a brown and one with a black Baca, shopping together and thought they looked cute. It's not a super common bag so it doesn't look played out.

I love my Bacas! I'm the odd duck too, who likes the lining simply because it's so easy to find things in them. The Yellow Ghetto look makes it pretty simple to find stuff quickly. :tup: