Do you still carry your Single Flap Jumbo

rulebabe

O.G.
May 1, 2007
Hi,

Just wondering how people feel about carrying their now discontinued single flap jumbo? I bought mine in black in 2007 before the double flap version was introduced and that is all I see around now. I rarely carry my jumbo now because I feel a bit uncomfortable as I think people that are not familiar with the old versions might think I am carrying a fake. I carry my other Chanel bags now and I wonder if any one else feels the same.

Thanks

i still wear my 1996 classic jumbo LOL
and honestly i like the flap shape more on my vintage and don't care if the "chanel newbies" or the "snobs" don't recognize and assume it is fake just because they don't know enough :smile:

All I have are single flap jumbos. I love wearing mine. I hate the double flaps (even on my reissues) as I find them redundant and only adds bulk and weight to the bag (and It was probably used as a guise to justify their price increases) I don't care what these chanel newbies think as they won't ever understand the awesomeness that is a single flap :smile:

Why should you care what other people think? As long as you know yours is the real thing, it doesn't really matter, does it? Wear your single flap with pride! If I see someone with a single flap jumbo, I'd think darn, if only I had bought that back then, I wouldn't have had to pay such crazy prices lol.

All I have are single flap jumbos. I love wearing mine. I hate the double flaps (even on my reissues) as I find them redundant and only adds bulk and weight to the bag (and It was probably used as a guise to justify their price increases) I don't care what these chanel newbies think as they won't ever understand the awesomeness that is a single flap :smile:

The double flap design was the one originating from Coco herself, so there's history and legacy to it. I love the double flap, though I appreciate the ease of getting things in and out of the single flap. :biggrin:
True about the prices skyrocketing after the jumbo was made into a double flap :tdown:

I love my single flap Jumbo! I never thought that someone could think it's fake! Why?! There are also vintage Chanels around and anybody would tell that it's fake.

I have a double flap for both my jumbo and M/L - i would have preferred a single flap for both…the double flaps are a bit of a pain. Enjoy your jumbo! i would :smile:

Of course I wear them. After always saying I would never have a double flap since they changed, I now have some due to some special colors like the So Black, Fuchsia and my new fave Taupe (substituting for my long wanted but never found 09A Taupe). But you still couldn't pry my single flaps away from me.