Do you still buy silver pieces? or have you 'moved on'?

JessicaRabbit1

Adores Tiffany & Co. Travel addict.
Apr 19, 2015
Hi All !

I am wondering for those of you who are blessed to have a few TCo pieces. Did you 'move on' from silver pieces? Do you purchase silver items still? Or did you move onto gold/rose gold/platinum and not look back?

I am asking as I have a variety of different pieces. I havent bought silver for a while, but there has been a few silver statement pieces I am tempted by. Which surprises me because i thought I had graduated. I still wear the silver pieces i bought a number of years ago, if i still like them.

Looking for opinions and your personal stories.

Reactions: marie132
So I stopped buying silver pieces years ago. However I am considering adding one more - a Bone Cuff.

To be honest the main reason I stopped buying silver was the maintenance followed by the fact yellow gold looks best on me.

I think that if you love the pieces then go for them.

thanks very much. i see what you mean there is some maintenance involved.

these are the pieces i was referring to. i think in gold or rose gold too much for me to carry.

Attachments

• aegean.JPG
    aegean.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 46
  • link.JPG
    link.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 50
  • wave.JPG
    wave.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 43
thanks very much. i see what you mean there is some maintenance involved.

these are the pieces i was referring to. i think in gold or rose gold too much for me to carry.
The pieces you are looking at are beautiful! Have you checked out the Wave Earring in the smaller size? I think if you wanted the smaller size it is easier to pull off rose or yellow gold.

The Aegean bracelet is gorgeous! I think this particular design looks better in silver than gold.

The Hardwear earrings are pretty but I think they would be hard to clean. There are too many small spots.

I love sterling silver for it’s warm hue. I choose platinum for it’s durability, and for anything set with diamonds, but just think silver is a more gorgeous color for a white metal. I think both Tiffany and Hermes use such beautiful quality sterling silver, and it’s never rhodium plated, thank you very much! :smile: So I’m happy to continue buying sterling pieces from both Tiffany and Hermes. I also continue to love and buy yellow gold. And not everyone’s cup of tea, but I love polishing silver!

I still buy Tiffany's silver pieces, but only Elsa Perreti's designs. Have only one set of the Return to Tiffany's pieces in small heart necklace, earrings and bead bracelet. I only wear the Return to Tiffany's pieces with super casual outfits, never to work or out to dinner/lunch/coffee/tea. More like grocery store or quick shopping trip for the Return to Tiffany's pieces.

Hi All !

I am wondering for those of you who are blessed to have a few TCo pieces. Did you 'move on' from silver pieces? Do you purchase silver items still? Or did you move onto gold/rose gold/platinum and not look back?

I am asking as I have a variety of different pieces. I havent bought silver for a while, but there has been a few silver statement pieces I am tempted by. Which surprises me because i thought I had graduated. I still wear the silver pieces i bought a number of years ago, if i still like them.

Looking for opinions and your personal stories.

Gold is not for me, doesn't work with me or my colouring, and rose gold, I honestly do not like it, while it might look great on some people, it is not for me, I am silver/platinum all the way

I started off with silver but then graduated to gold. As I’ve got older, my skin tone has changed - I can no longer wear white metals near my face. I have only one piece of Tiffany silver left in my collection (I sold the rest years ago). If you still wear your silver jewellery and can see yourself wearing the others on your Wishlist, then go for it :smile:

My coloring is cool, which means silver, gunmetal, and rose gold generally look better on me than yellow gold so I have will always own at least some silver pieces. And I think some colors look better with silver, and some look better with gold, which is why I have those gold and brass jewelry items, but it's another reason I'll always want silver jewelry - to wear with certain colored outfits.

I started with platinum pieces, then YG, then RG and then silver. I only have three silver pieces and I don’t plan of adding more unless they make a piece I want and it’s only available in silver. I do love my bone cuff and bean necklace which I think looks best in silver.

Thanks very much. I totally agree with you - the bone cuff is so nice in silver. Alas it looks rather ordinary on me :sad:. i love it on others though !

The pieces you are looking at are beautiful! Have you checked out the Wave Earring in the smaller size? I think if you wanted the smaller size it is easier to pull off rose or yellow gold.

The Aegean bracelet is gorgeous! I think this particular design looks better in silver than gold.

The Hardwear earrings are pretty but I think they would be hard to clean. There are too many small spots.

Thank you ! I havent seen the wave earrings in person. The store I am near is a smaller store and they dont get everything unfortunately so I often have to order pieces in (doesnt worry me though I am grateful I get to go there). i might take a look online and see if anyone has posted some shots of them on.
I know what you mean with the cleaning. I have the Marrakech earrings in silver and cleaning is hard haha!

Gold is not for me, doesn't work with me or my colouring, and rose gold, I honestly do not like it, while it might look great on some people, it is not for me, I am silver/platinum all the way

absolutely understand and agree with what you mean that your skin tone has a lot to do with what you like wearing.

I started off with silver but then graduated to gold. As I’ve got older, my skin tone has changed - I can no longer wear white metals near my face. I have only one piece of Tiffany silver left in my collection (I sold the rest years ago). If you still wear your silver jewellery and can see yourself wearing the others on your Wishlist, then go for it :smile:

I see what you mean that your skin changes over time. Did you sell any white gold and platinum pieces as well? Or just the silver? Sorry for so many questions!
I can see myself wearing them with some outfits for sure.

Yes, I still buy sterling silver pieces from Tiffany. I prefer to buy larger, more sculptural pieces, especially Elsa Peretti designs, in sterling silver. I usually buy daintier, more “everyday” jewelry in yellow gold.

I agree I usually buy more dainty pieces in gold as well. We must have similar styles :smile:

I only buy silver pieces that I really really love. I think the hardwear collection looks soooo badass in silver. But honestly, the Maintenance is too much for me. I’m strictly rose gold now

It so does look cool in SS! Yes maintenance can be a bit over the top. RG is very nice too !

My coloring is cool, which means silver, gunmetal, and rose gold generally look better on me than yellow gold so I have will always own at least some silver pieces. And I think some colors look better with silver, and some look better with gold, which is why I have those gold and brass jewelry items, but it's another reason I'll always want silver jewelry - to wear with certain colored outfits.

Yeah variety in your accessories box is certainly helpful. :smile: thank you i see what you mean :smile: