Do you still buy even if there's NO return policy?

I always state
Sorry, returns will only be accepted if item is not as described, you should contact me with any issues you may have first.

This way that they know I don't take returns for just any reason, but I will if I have made a mistake.

Pretty much exactly what elizat said. I don't sell a lot, so for me to deal with a return is more trouble than it's worth to me. I post LOTS of pictures (10-12), describe it very thoroughly including any flaws, and encourage people to ask questions and to come here and have the items authenticated as well if they have any doubts. It takes me a long time to do a listing because of this (which is another reason I don't want to deal with returns.)

When I buy, I pretty much consider any sale on eBay final, and assume I can't return it. I won't buy if I have any doubts about the item.

As a seller I don't accept returns. IMO if you buy something and don't like it for whatever reason (too small, not quite the right color, etc.) it's your responsibility to relist it yourself rather than pass it back to the seller just because you decide you no longer want it.

As a seller I don't accept returns. IMO if you buy something and don't like it for whatever reason (too small, not quite the right color, etc.) it's your responsibility to relist it yourself rather than pass it back to the seller just because you decide you no longer want it.
But for some odd reason people do not understand that.:shrugs:

Even if you're sure an item is authentic, do you still buy if there's no return policy?

Everytime I see "All sales final" I am completely turned off, even if the item looks good and the price is great!

I see a couple now, and it kills me to let these deals go!

Well, my thought if you know its a authentic and its a GREAT deal and the price is just TOO good, you have to buy it....lets face it...if its price is that great....then its a GOTTA HAVE and then if later you think.....darn, not exactly what you wanted...then give it as a gift(love to be your freind) or resell and at least recover your money spent...or give it to charity.
There has been times where I have a listing sell for $150 less than I paid..YES..its happened..and all I hope its someone who will hover it with glassy eyes, and be thrilled, so excited they can't sleep...(cuz I am not going to sleep for a while...but feel better knowing someone is really happy)...nothing worse than it selling so low and have someone not happy with it when they could love it.. give it..or sell it, and make themselves $150.
Take advantage of a great deal..its Gods way of saying its YOUR DAY!!!:tup:

Mainly, returns are a pain in the butt. First, the seller wants to make sure the item isn't altered. I do not want someone sending back a stinky cigarette smoke filled bag.

Second, most returns are because the bidder did not READ the listing. Yeah, I know - hard to read anymore. Esp bidders who return for size. I put the size (measured by me) in my listing.

Third - return for buyer stupidity - this bag does not match my shoes. The stripes are lighter - well that's because the buyer bought shoes fro a totally different Coach line.

I had one bag ($80 bag) returned twice and the third buyer wabted to return it too - all for size - which were in the measurement.

On returns, you get the final value fee back, but not the listing fee. So you are generally out $3.60 or so. I started deducting listing fees from the refund.

So I am just tired of taking returns. Yes, if we accept PayPal, we MAY have to take a return.

I still buy knowing that there is no return policy...but sometimes i ask them if i can return the item if its not authentic...if they argee, it shows me that they know its authentic...which isnt always true...but it eases my mind when i'm bidding.

Anyone looking for a refund/return needs to do their shopping in a bricks and mortar retail building, not on eBay. Period.

As has been said, eBay for the most part is a cyber garage sale. Who in their right mind would go back to someone's house a week after the sale and expect a refund? eBay is no different.

Get the feeling I don't take returns or give refunds? You're right!

I don't see it as a problem. As the others have said, if there's an issue with the item, you still have recourse through SNAD etc. A no refunds policy does not give someone the green light to sell defective goods; it can only apply to change of mind or buyer's remorse.

I don't see it as a problem. As the others have said, if there's an issue with the item, you still have recourse through SNAD etc. A no refunds policy does not give someone the green light to sell defective goods; it can only apply to change of mind or buyer's remorse.

These are the reasons I won't take returns. I'm very precise with my descriptions and provide tons of photos but if someone is hellbent to get their money back, they can be a real pain and say it's SNAD if you put that as a reason to accept a return. Just not worth the headaches.

I had 4 returns through Christmas (actually more if you count the boomerang bag). Only one was legitimate - a pr of earrings from Coach fell apart. I accepted returns to make my buyers happy but it was was a pain. I just have too many listings to alter to change it to "no returns" but am gradually adding that to my listings.

Actually I write as no return unless item not as described. However I have encountered buyers who submitted paypal dispute, claiming that item not as described, as the color is off white instead of white... something like this, yuke:yucky:!!
And then I add I don't take color issue which is easily revealed by the pictures as NAD reason. But.....still the same!
Now I assume the troublesome buyers are just there making troubles.
I give up, and I accept most returns but no feedback from those buyers :throwup:. I even got two negatives from buyers who returned successfully. :cursing:
I decide all the buyers who returned but no feedback will get a negative from me, of course not now, but the last day of record available!:supacool: