Do you splurge on winter coats?

For those who live in cities that experience proper winters, do you splurge on your winter coats, when compared to other designer purchases (purses, footwear, etc.)? And if so, what coats have you added to your winter wardrobe?

Most definitely. Splurged on a Burberry down coat last year and this year, I finally caved in and bought the Mackage Akiva coat during the Black Friday sale. NYC has some pretty harsh winters so I definitely don't skimp out on staying warm.

I haven't ordered yet, I'm going back and forth between thus parka and just a basic Moncler down. Can't make up my mind!!

I ordered! I wanted to take advantage of their Black Friday code, which wasn't much, but basically paid for shipping to the US. I'll report back when it arrives. I ordered the Black Darling with Natural Faux Fur lining.

Reactions: Maria333
I ordered! I wanted to take advantage of their Black Friday code, which wasn't much, but basically paid for shipping to the US. I'll report back when it arrives. I ordered the Black Darling with Natural Faux Fur lining.
Please let me know when you get it!! I'm so curious if you like it and wherewh it's good quality. Hope you'll love it!!

Hi rdgldy! I was wondering if you've already received the coat? I almost decided to pull the trigger, but would love love to hear from you before I order.

Thank you!!

I recently got this Moncler. They do several versions of the same idea, this is the Liriope. This is so perfect for me. I like the extra protection of a Moncler for cold wet weather, but I tend to feel claustrophobic inside a coat, specially the arms as I often wear blazers. So being able to open the sleeves is great! The resulting capelet style is very nice too. Specially if you are carrying a bag in the crook of the arm. Very happy with this.

841EC438-7D70-4567-971B-38CDB03E7AE8.jpeg 929BF87B-DE6A-4583-B385-BEAFADDA1191.jpeg

Hi rdgldy! I was wondering if you've already received the coat? I almost decided to pull the trigger, but would love love to hear from you before I order.

Thank you!!
I got a coat, but ended up having to send it back for exchange, as I got the wrong color inside (my fault.). The coat seemed really well made, but I think it runs a little bit small. I'm sizing up for the one coming, as I want room for sweaters and winter layers. Will report back when my new one arrives. So far, I can say that customer service is good, but I wish I had found something here , as I'm stupidly dealing with the expense of shipping for exchange from the US.

Reactions: roses5682

Thank you!!
My replacement coat came. I'm very happy. It's well made and has some nice details. I'm glad I sized up, the sleeves are a better length, and I have room for winter layers underneath. The hood, when pulled up is huge! I prefer the look with it down.
Their customer service is great. If you ask they will send a good size and measurement chart, that I hadn't noticed on the their website.