Do You Speak/Read/Write French? - I need HELP with CL Paris

bagpunk

Oct 31, 2006
anyone out there speaks french...?
i need some help with getting a pair of VP from CL paris.....
they emailed me something and i need help with understanding some information in it and also to ask some questions.
HELP!
thanks!

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

That website might be able to help you in your future endeavors... it's not always perfect but you will get the general idea of what they are saying. You will also be able to type your response, in English, in there, and it will translate everything over to French for you.

hehe well then I think rockvixen's your lady! I took French for 4 years in HS but I'm not sure how good I'd be at translating now. I could probably get the gist of the message, but I'm not sure I'd be able to help you write back!

hehehe :P yes. yes. i emailed them a two word email "account name?" that is basically all i need for that part. but there is something else i need to clarify which i could not seem to communicate no matter how hard i tried.

OK, i manage to distill the info in need of translation...

BANQUE CIC paris centre entreprises

Identifiant national de compte bancaire

Banque guichet N° COMPTE Clé

Identifiant international de compte bancaire

I can speak and read a little I'm sure between us you should get the correct info. what is it you are wanting to know/ask?

so, i need to ask them:

(1) can we not just use credit card, if not, why not, and why was this done before, and not now
(2) does she know bank transfer takes 3 days
(3) is the package insured and tracked
(4) she needs to give me the account's name
(5) which one is the name of the bank?

thaaaaanks!!!

I will try and do a set of questions in french for you to ask, although this may be difficult for you given the pronunciations. plus on a long distance call with a time delay etc.
Of course you could also ask if there is anyone there who speaks good English, although the Parisians usually take offence to this although I did do that in LV an Dior in Paris
je ne comprend pas- I do not understand
je suis american, parlez vous Anglaise? -I am american, do you speak english?

sounds kinda lame but if it gets the message across at the end of the day they should want to do business with you, if that fails try the Mount st store in London they are very helpful and accept credit card.

oh thanks for that tip! the mount st lady was very helpful!! the one i spoke to at JJR seemed to have a bit of an attitude...

the mount st lady advised me to contact st honore, and they are so much more friendlier there, and sounded like they speak better english and happily so.

Last edited:
hahaha don't worry. i lived in geneva for a few months so had some left over from bumbling through french there. i called and say a few words in french, and as they replied in an array of phrases i just laughed and said sorry that is the only french i know. from my experience they are normally more sympathetic once you showed them that you tried as much as you can. i found out that some of them would say that they don't speak english, and as you twist yourself through your french english dictionary, they began to speak to you in english! well, at least this is true in some part of geneva a few years ago.