Do you speak another language?

i'm Chinese so i speak 3 dialects of it because of my dad's and mom's families: Mandarin, Cantonese and Fukinese (but i don't read or write it, unfortunately :shame:smile:

and i'm from Malaysia so i speak the national language too: Malay (the school system is entirely in Malay, and English is taught as a second language, which is a damn shame because the standard of English in Malaysia is abominable :mad:)

and my family lived in Paris for 2 years when i was younger so i'm fluent in French

and my ex-best friend is Punjabi, so she taught me Hindi/Punjabi, which i'm not so fluent in anymore

yes, i'm a language buff, which is why i'm a Linguistics major :roflmfao:

I speak English and French. I speak enough Spanish to carry on a transaction, but I am not conversational in it. My Cuban friends encourage me to learn proper Spanish, not the street language which is spoken here in Arizona. I should, what's one more language!
Kate

Cristina said:
Hablas Espanol? Or any other language? :P I'm fluent in Spanish, my family is from Cuba. I think it's a huge asset, especially here in Florida. It looks great on my resume, and since my grandparents don't speak English that well, it's much easier to communicate with them and my family who has come to the United States recently from Cuba. I've tried teaching the bf a few sentences, but all he seems to remember is cerveza and "Donde esta la biblioteca?" from high school :lol:

I'd love to learn German and French. Besides English, what languages do you speak, and how often? :biggrin:

I wish I could speak Spanish....well not too late to learn.

I speak English, German, Dutch, Greek & cantonese.:flowers:

oh...I forgot I also speak Afrikaans...a language in south africa.

I speak,

Danish
English
Spanish

and I used to speak French and German, but sadly have forgotten most of both those languages. :sad: Although I guess if I tried I could pick them up again.

I am from Canada, but have studied in Mexico (6 mos, Tec de Monterrey), Denmark (2 years and counting, CBS), and I have lived in Spain for one year and Germany for 4 months.

Once I finish studying, if that ever happens :P , I hope to work with international development..

Spanish, as you can surmise from my log in name, also french and italian, tried to learn russian, but spasiva is as far as I got..........Mojitos and cuba/spanish cuisine are my passion......AZUCAR!

English, Spanish, French, a little German (I understand more than I can speak)

I am learning, Russian and Croatian, and still working on my German. I have a long list of languages I want to learn.