Do you sometimes wish you could be HONEST .....

N.M.Nevuhmynd

Head Flunkie In Charge Of Nothingness
Apr 15, 2016
... about some of the pictures posted here?

I do, but I have to keep my fingers corralled. Some of them are just really, really ugly. Almost worthy of an ugly shoes thread. But everyone has their own tastes and style and if they like it, who's to tell them otherwise, eh?

LOL... I can't say the thought ever crosses my mind. Maybe my mind is a little simpler but my thought process usually goes something like this:

"Wow so pretty -- add to wish list of shoes I want to buy!"
or alternatively,
"Ooh a pair of shoes I luckily don't feel a need to buy"

But sometimes I think there's a beauty to ugly shoes, namely utility and/or comfort. So I wouldn't knock any shoe down. :smile: I don't really focus on a pair of shoes being ugly. I think I forget about any I don't like as soon as I've seen it. Sigh... versus a shoe I want, can't stop thinking about it and then the research begins!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and some shoes reflect the budget a responsible person should wisely adhere to. Hence, someone with champagne tastes on a tap water budget may admire a pair of Manolo's like I gaze at a hundred million dollar Picasso in a museum. Lovely, but not meant to be mine. I can, however, get the postcard in the gift shop.

That being said, I've seen $2,000+ pairs of shoes/boots that I'd never get regardless if I topped the Forbes 400 list.

Some footwear lovers are constricted by foot ailments but nonetheless love the look of stilettos. So they wear what doesn't torture them.

There is a pair Marsell shoes that is hideous, but I actually like, even though they look like they've been run over by stampedes of tanks. Even at 60% off, they're still $300. Err...part of me says "go for it!" while the rest of me says "they're ugly, but in a kind of cool bashed-in-pug-dog-nose way".

On a side note, I hate flip flops. Really. For two reasons-I just don't like them, and they have sent countless people to emergency rooms by breaking, or catching on steps or other things. To traipse from my hotel to the pool, I use slide sandals. Apart from a pool destination, I don't even wear them.

There are lots of things I think are "ugly", or frivolous-like some collector's items, but then just move on. Who knows, a day may come when you begin to like what you used to think was unsightly.

Everyone has her own taste of shoes and fashion style. Maybe something we like other people might hate. So my mom always said: if you don't have something nice to say. Then don't speak :smile: the truth can hurt people's feelings. It is not worth it if the subject is useless. :heart:

Reactions: frick&frack
Maybe it brings them joy, why rain on someone else's parade. I purchase ugly shoes at times, I know they are ugly however, it's about function at that point. I just donated these ugly and also dangerous shoes, they made me trip. I thought they'd be great walking shoes on trips where all I are about is comfort.
.robert-clergerie-white-boris02-flat-sandals_178.jpeg

I have this thing for high heels, very high heels, and have collected quite an amount of them, many are expensive, not all. I do have a sister who thinks that 2" is way too high and wears these clogs, or birkenstocks, many of them I don't know where she buys, but they are hideous, she knows it and we have a good laugh about it...in the end it comes down to personal taste. I just love that we can talk about it honestly with each other without losing respect for each other. It can be fun.

I have this thing for high heels, very high heels, and have collected quite an amount of them, many are expensive, not all. I do have a sister who thinks that 2" is way too high and wears these clogs, or birkenstocks, many of them I don't know where she buys, but they are hideous, she knows it and we have a good laugh about it...in the end it comes down to personal taste. I just love that we can talk about it honestly with each other without losing respect for each other. It can be fun.
It is fun. TBH, my friends know I consider a heel less than 3" as too low and 'ugly'. I am not a fan of kitten heels and need at least 3". 2" if the heel is chunky/block styled. I think we all know when we buy ugly shoes :biggrin:

It is fun. TBH, my friends know I consider a heel less than 3" as too low and 'ugly'. I am not a fan of kitten heels and need at least 3". 2" if the heel is chunky/block styled. I think we all know when we buy ugly shoes :biggrin:

lol absolutely! The higher the better for me. i have this weird foot and they just look better in heels, flat shoes make my feet look like duck feet, yuck!

:smile:

Reactions: Luv2Scoop