Do you sometimes regret spending all your money on an LV instead of jewelry?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My husband works in the estate jewelry business, so therefore he states out loud that he will only be buying me jewelry.... if I want LV then that's for me to buy. So luckily I never really had to weigh them against each other. But I've always wanted designer bags for years, long before he came along, so I think I just had less jewelry back then.

2. The hubs recently wanted to buy me a piece of jewelry for our Anniversary and I said NO. I said he can get me what I really wanted in our upcoming vacation but I already knew I wanted LV :graucho: Just didn't mention it.

I'm not really a jewelry person either. I have been wearing the same wedding band for more than 10 years and I have a necklace with a small tiny little diamond pendant. That's about it. Oh yes, I did however invested in a Rolex watch. The resale value is good too so, I think it was worth it.

Traveling is pretty hard for us as each time we go, it's all 5 of us and that's pretty costly. It's probably a wish that I will fulfill more when my kids have grown up:sad:

3. Short answer: no.

I'm not much of a jewellery wearer. Also, jewellery is quite common and most women will own jewellery in varying degrees of exclusiveness, expense, and beauty (of which beauty is personal taste).

But there is something decadent and luxurious about owning designer handbags. I just bought my first LV (Cabas Mezzo, very lucky to get it as I think it was the last one), and it just feel so special.

4. not really...
    the only big piece of jewelry i plan on wearing is a wedding ring and i don't have to pay for it haha
    i'm always afraid to loose jewelry but i know i won't lose my bag =p

5. I don't really care about jewellery. I'm just as happy with the sub-$100 funky jewellery as I am the 'real' pieces I own. Bags (and electronics) are my thing and are what I spend big on.

6. I prefer bags.

Actually I think it's a bit of a fallacy that jewellery retains it's value - you try to sell jewellery second hand you won't get back anything like what you paid for it.

7. My DH would rather spend the money on diamonds then purses... not that I would complaint either way... hehehehe... he bought me a 1.5 ct engagement ring (then a 2ct past/present ring for push present for my twins) but he won't get me a LV. :P

Just that, I hardly wear any of my jewelry specially the fancy special occasion ones. I buy purses for mostly everyday use. Very few, special occasion clutches, so I can use them all the time.

So I guess, DH buys jewerly and I buy LV. Perfect! :yahoo:

8. no. I personally do not see the value of jewelry. if I have a ten thousand dollar diamond ring, I would rather sell it and spend it on a hand bag display open concept wardrobe and use the balance to buy a couple of LV bags.

That's just me.

9. I would personally prefer to inherit jewellery rather than bags, but I'd rather spend my own money on bags than jewels :smile:

10. I don't. The only expensive jewelleries I own are my wedding ring, e-ring and some Tiffany. I like simple sterling silver jewellery and Swarovski which don't really cost a lot of money. Besides, I make my own beaded jewellery. :smile:

11. i don't see the value of jewelry either. Metal, rocks, whatever.

12. I really love jewlery as well, therefore i do try to balance it out. But right now i am into buying new bags! Later i might be upgrading my wedding diamond. Most likely after my 10 year anniversary!

13. New to TPF. Love LV and jewels. Sometimes it's a challenge to balance it out. Have too many of than both. Right now designer handbags are winning. Husband refuses to gift either.

14. No regrets in buying LVs. I would rather have an LV bag than jewellery....cos I tend to lose/misplace them. I lost my wedding band after 3 days of marriage. I'm careless with small stuff but I have NEVER lose my bags.

15. No..I am not a big jewellery fan. Having just one or two pieces of each is enough for me (bracelet, ring etc)