Do you shop and try things on a lot but rarely buy anything?

I always try a million things on and will ony find 1 thing I might like from the bunch. I like to only get what I love and what I will know I will wear. I don't buy just because a SA helped me. I think at the end of the day I deserve the same attention that everyone should get it does not matter whether I buy $100 worth or stuff like I buy $1000 worth of stuff.

thanks for the responses, sometimes i try things on for fun too especially if it's something I know I'm not going to buy, like a $7000 dress, but I never do more than put it on and take it off and I always clean up after myself. In fact if I were to want to put on a $7000 dress I would always ask the SA if it was okay and tell them that it is out of my price range, they are usually very nice about it and I've made friends with a few SAs that way talking about clothes that I've said might be a bit out of my price range to buy xD

And yes I think it's rude if someone goes into a room and tries on a ton of clothes with no intention of buying and leaves a mess, but I think that if you try things on for fun and don't make it a mess for the SAs it's no problem since there is always a possibility you will love it and buy it, and plus it's so much better than buying it, wearing it, and then returning it :P

If I try on clothes and don't want to buy any I always try to put it all back nicely on the hangers and hang them up where I found them so I don't bother the SAs as much, a lot of times they seem very happy about it and thank me for helping them haha

I do... I'm really short and petite. So most things don't fit "right" as they were intended for taller women with more figure variation.

I figure its best to try it on before purchasing, that way I don't have to waste my time and theirs doing a return.

It depends. I tend to try a lot of stuff on that looks like it has potential because some clothing looks so different on. I have found some amazing pieces that looked just "Ok" or even a bit funky on the hanger :yes:

its been awhile since i've done retail (over a year) and even more so dealing with clothing (sold purses for five years) and i honestly do not mind people "window shopping" and "trying things on' because i can't tell you how many times pple do and end up buying even though they had no intentions when they walked in! made my day when i received those types of feedback..

butttttttttttttt

it would annoy me so much when people handled the merchandise poorly and not buy. because those do not get thrown away (or shouldn't~!) and someone ELSE will end up with it, or not but want it but won't buy it since they can see that its a bit defective..and worse when its the last one..

if you want to try it on, try it on.

but be respectful, not only of the product but of the workers there who would have to pick up after you, it is their job yes, but have some class.

I only try on what I think will look good but most of the time I feel that things look horrible on me in fitting rooms :sad: So I really don't buy that much... This is the usual, but when i find THAT PERFECT item i totally buy it. I pretty much get an instant idea of what I love and dont love on me!

P.S. I always try to be neat! I feel so embarrassed if I make a mess and a SA comes in right after me to clean up! lol

I woud buy more if those dressing room lights made me look better :-s

It's not so much the lights of the dressing room that bother me--altho Heather's complaint is valid 'cause the rooms are often dimly lit--it's the lack of air circulation and air conditioning in those often tiny rooms. They are hot. Putting on clothes can be sometimes an aerobic activity. I like to try on a bunch of things at a pop. It's amazing that stores have such little airless cubbyholes for trying stuff on when that's where the decision to buy or not buy is made. Now, I buy and try on at home and then return stuff. That can be a costly strategy because it's a pain in the tuckus to return stuff but I can tell whether it goes w/rest of wardrobe or not.

i do!!! i always do it at hermes... things there are so expensive.... i just dream hoping that i can buy a birkin eventually.... but the SAs are supposed to help you, so they are in no position to not help you just because you are not buying anything

I always try a million things on and will ony find 1 thing I might like from the bunch. I like to only get what I love and what I will know I will wear. I don't buy just because a SA helped me. I think at the end of the day I deserve the same attention that everyone should get it does not matter whether I buy $100 worth or stuff like I buy $1000 worth of stuff.
same here

I love window shopping! And sometimes I could spend hours doing it and not buying anything. I do a lot of browsing online and would love something, try it on in store and would hate it. So yes, I do spend a lot of time window shopping, and I also stay clear of SA's. Or for them to leave me alone, I would literally tell them I am not buying anything today, just browsing.

While I feel the same, I don't condone trying something on for fun, but I find that things fall short of my expectations more often than they meet my expectations. I know that sounds weird, but I have short legs and a rather long torso and it makes a lot clothing items fit me strangely, so I don't buy more often than I do....

I have the exact same problem..short legs, long torso. I look at clothing on the rack and think "oh how cute"....and then it just DOESN'T look good on!. I have to try on 10 things or more usually, to finally find something that looks good. It doesn't help that I'm a curvy girl so short legs and an ample fanny doesn't help that situation either!! Thank goodness LONG SHIRTS are back in style....the whole midriff baring phase was NOT a good period for me LOL