Do you share your LVoe on Facebook?

2spoilt

Jun 29, 2010
So, I posted some pics of two bags that hubby surprised me with. I admit, this time they were Prada... anyway, hubby gets a call from a friend who saw my posts on FB. Apparently he now thinks that we're rolling in money. He asked hubby if we could help him out financially.

Moral of the story: I will do reveals on here and not FB.

Have you ever shared your LVoe on FB? How did that go down with family and friends?

Oh never ever. Unless someone else is as into designers as you are, on your friends list... it never makes you appear good. Stick to sharing with people who 'understand' the obsession on TPF! Lol.

I'm in a few Pandora secret groups which I love on FB. It's just nice to have a place to chat with others who understand this addiction! LOL! But, now being I found this site, I don't think I'll post about LV....I wanted to post a pic when my speedy came, but kinda felt stupid. So I didn't

I don't post my expensive purchase on FB because I don't want people to think I am showing off but last week I had to create a private album of my collection for my sisters and friends to see who also shares the same interest with me when it comes to purses. I had it visible to people I know who will not judge or understand my love for LV bags. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend it because I have a friend who does it all the time and the rest of my friends hates her for that, while I don't really mind :smile:

Oh heck no! I have told a couple of my friends on Facebook who understand, but only by email. One of my FB friends posted a shot of her CLs and boy she caught flack! I congratulated her though. I think people were jealous.

No, I would never! Something about LV in my personal experience that will generate a lot of hate and jealousy! People will get really snarky with you for whatever reason.

So, I posted some pics of two bags that hubby surprised me with. I admit, this time they were Prada... anyway, hubby gets a call from a friend who saw my posts on FB. Apparently he now thinks that we're rolling in money. He asked hubby if we could help him out financially.

Moral of the story: I will do reveals on here and not FB.

Have you ever shared your LVoe on FB? How did that go down with family and friends?
The only time I ever posted a pic on FB was when I was picking up my new MJ Stam bag & my friend wanted pics! It did not go well & I got some snide remarks from some of my other FB "friends" about spending so much $$ for a bag. Never again.

No. It will definitely be seen as showing off or flaunting to some and that's the last thing I want. It's very different from posting on forums like TPF because (1) we all share the same passion; (2) most of us are pretty much anonymous here!

Never! that's what tpf is for. I get comments telling my closest friends about my LV purchases (oh god! seriously? another one? how much did THIS one cost?). I couldn't imagine the wrath I'd face if I opened my obsession to fb.

Thats pretty disgusting to assume you're willing to lend out money because you got a new bag. I try not to post anything personal at all on fb because I don't need everyone judging my life. I'm glad I found this forum. I can secretly talk about what I love and only you all know!!