Do you share how much you spend on LVs?

I never share how much my bags cost with anyone. It's just none of their business. Plus I'm a freak with personal & home security cause a lot of theft starts with people familiar with your routine & lifestyle.

It depends.. If I know the person has the same interest with luxury bags, yes, I tell them the price when they ask me.. Sometimes, random people ask me for the price, I'll give them an estimate.. If it's my fiance's family, I give them a "I FORGOT" or :shrugs: answer.. LOL! Like last weekend when I got my pedicure done, the lady who did my pedicure touched my bag with her index finger while her hand was wet! Good thing it was my Epi Alma.. Then she asked me how much was my bag.. I gave her an estimate then she said "IT'S BEAUTIFUL!".. then I said thank you..:smile:

I kinda sense if a person is really interested with my bag that's why they're asking for the price or they just wanna know how much money I spent again on a bag.. Although I never find it rude at all..:smile:

No. It would be gauche for me to tell someone how much I spent on an item, and it would be horribly tacky for someone to ask. I don't indulge bad manners. Curious minds can Google. It's not that difficult.

I was just reading a few threads in the forum and came across many people feel that it is rude for someone to ask how much your LV cost. I admit I actually never gave it too much thought so to be honest I did share with a few close friends what I spent on bags when they asked but definitely not to show off because they have more bags then I do and obviously I don't just tell anyone who comes up and ask me. To me, it's like sharing with each other(Bag enthusiasts) thoughts on bags and that includes pricing, kind of like what we do here! So my question is do you guys share the price of your bag if someone who is NOT just mere acquaintances ask you about it? Why and why not?
No, I don't. I actually don't like to talk about my bags with anyone in my real life (except my husband). That's why I'm here on tpf. Ha! :biggrin::biggrin:

I tell my husband and one close friend, who has a love for handbags.

Other than that the "how much" question is either ignored or responded to with a quip. There are certain questions you don't ask women, including "how old are you?" "how much do you weigh?" and "how much did that cost?"

I also don't discuss sex, politics or religion with strangers either.

I tell my husband and one close friend, who has a love for handbags.

Other than that the "how much" question is either ignored or responded to with a quip. There are certain questions you don't ask women, including "how old are you?" "how much do you weigh?" and "how much did that cost?"

I also don't discuss sex, politics or religion with strangers either.

..."are you pregnant?" :lol:

"it's a gift from hubby"
That would be my answer too. I did some disclosure to my mother, but she is the only one.
My other relatives do often make some sneaky comments which make me feel uncomfortable.
My friends often have some financial issues and I don't want to bring this topic on the table.
My colleagues from work, yes that would be the only group I would tell, bc they all have money and some of them are really rich, so why not. Bud they don't ask. never ever. Probably bc they know very well :smile:

In the real world I don't. I'll say it was a gift or I forgot exactly or just brush it off. I hate that question and not just in regards to bags. People at gas stations are *always* asking how much my car, a Fiat, costs. I hate that.

People have asked here on TPF how much something costs when I've done a reveal or whatever. I don't mind that so much. But I'm still tempted to say here, let me check that out on www.louisvuitton.com for you and report back. But I haven't. Yet. :P

I was just asked this by one of the dads at my sons football practice. He wanted to know how much my DE speedy was because his anniversary was coming up and wanted to get a purse for his wife. I told him and he just asked if they had any in the $300 range lol. I have a friend who I go hand bag shopping with and sometimes she'll ask (I carry other designers besides LV). I don't get how random people can ask how much you spend on something I think it's rude. I've had people ask how much I spend on my children's school and when I tell them they say that's too much why pay when you can send them for free. If I see a bag I like I go on the website look for the bag and check the Price on my own.

i tell my husband and one close friend, who has a love for handbags.

Other than that the "how much" question is either ignored or responded to with a quip. there are certain questions you don't ask women, including "how old are you?" "how much do you weigh?" and "how much did that cost?"

i also don't discuss sex, politics or religion with strangers either

ita

Most of my friends buy designer bags & shoes as well so they know ballpark figures and we always tell each other if asked.

My mom is down with the good stuff too so she knows pretty much what I spend depending on brand. She doesn't own any current LV (one vintage) but she's bought Gucci & Michael Kors within the past year so she's on it! She just likes to make sure I don't buy too many bags per year. She always says "why buy 3 or 4 coaches per year when you can save and buy a nice Gucci or something" LoL