Do you send Holiday Cards?

Do you send Christmas/Holiday Cards by mail?

• I send them to my close friends and family.

• I send them to everyone in my address book.

• I prefer to send online greetings.

Results are only viewable after voting.

jade

O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
I am busy making my Christmas card list. I was way too busy last year and only sent a few. In years past I went overboard and stocked up on Holiday cards when they were on sale, and I realize I haven't bought any in years, and my volume of cards has decreased big time.

So I was wondering, do you send of Holiday cards by mail? Do you only give them to close friends and family? Or do you stick with online wishes?

For me, I send to a mix of close family, distant relatives, current friends, old friends and classmates, former bosses, current coworkers, and a handful of randoms. But as I cycle through the cards, the greetings get more and more generic. ;) I do like to find fun envelope seals to decorate the cards with, and I try to use a fun pen.

So what do you do?

Since I'm married now, I feel like I SHOULD send Christmas cards this year, but TBH, I'm just too lazy to. Because of my job, I hardly have the holidays off to celebrate, so I usually don't and only send presents to my immediate family.

i hand christmas cards with dunkin giftcards ($5) in them to the ladies at the post office (i ship alot of stuff) and my hair dresser and nail tech.

my family gets cards with their gifts.

so cant really choose any of those above!

Absolutely!! I believe in keeping old traditions alive. Online greetings seem so impersonal to me. I want my close friends and family to know that I actually sat down and wrote out a card for them!

Yes, we send out holiday cards every year, mostly to family and friends, but not necessarily close ones. But somehow people end up on "the list" and then you feel odd not sending them a card even though you've lost touch. Anyway, I figure if a card can bring a smile to someone's face, then it was worth it. The computer is great for a lot of things, but it just cannot replace a paper card.

I don't send out any card anymore. I used to send them to my family and closest friends for years, but I rarely received any cards from anyone and with the exception of my mom sent one every year, but she's gone now.....so I stopped last year.

I used to send out cards to pretty much everyone we knew, family, friends, co-workers, etc. But several years ago I started cutting my list down until it is now just family and close friends (whether they sent cards to us or not) because this is my way of staying in touch or just saying "Hello", and of course wishing them a Merry Christmas/Happy New Year. Last year for the first time ever, I was too busy to send out cards, and I am now wondering if I want to take it up again. Few people here send out cards now, and I'm thinking I'll only exchange cards with people who send them to me.

We're thinking of not sending any this year, for environmental reasons - I can't imagine how many trees die between Christmas trees and all sorts of greeting cards! And then end up in the landfill. And we're just lazy, to be honest!

The company I work for used to send out hundreds if not thousands every year - a few years ago they started giving the equivalent to charity and sending an e-mail to customers telling them which charity was chosen (different one each year).