Do you sell your items after you buy them without using them?

azngal

O.G.
Jun 12, 2010
I was surfing YouTube and came across a youtuber who doesn't have a lot of subscribers selling her LV brand new items 1-month or so after she bought them. I'm not going to say who it is, but it made me think about our impulse to buy things when we walk into LV and then buyers remorse later but by then return period is over. She bought at least 5-6 items bags wallets charms in a short period of time had reviews on all of them and now unloading it without using them. Great deals though for new items she never used but still going to lose some money selling it. I feel bad for her.

Does this ever happen to you?

I have returned only once a bag to get a larger bag but I usually try to go into LV with a plan and months of research on what I want but I can see how the draw of LV once you are in the store can do this.

How to avoid the LV temptation?

Well, i bought a batignolles regular bag, wore it once and discovered im not a handheld person. I posted it right away at kijiji. Still no offers so it remains in its dust bag til i get it sold. My hubby always reminds me that i wasted money over a bag ill never use. I think I used it that one time just to justify my purchasing it. Im afraid he wont buy me anymore bags after this...maybe in the next out of town trip ill use it but its so uncomfortable. The last time i use it, my hubby ended up carrying it for me...

You "feel bad" for her? :smile: We should all be so lucky to have a little disposable income to make poor luxury purchase choices once in awhile right?.. ha.. ;) Seriously though, if they are new never carried she has a little time to change her mind and exchange/return most items I'm sure, her decisions, her $. Some people like that thrill of just being on youtube and showing off.

I'd also fear fakes, if she's selling bulk online like that.. but that's just my suspicious nature. :P

I have sold things for little losses and made bad decisions but now I require for myself to sleep on something for a day or 2... luckily LV has a nice resale value so it's one of the better brands for which to be a fickle customer!

Well, i bought a batignolles regular bag, wore it once and discovered im not a handheld person. I posted it right away at kijiji. Still no offers so it remains in its dust bag til i get it sold. My hubby always reminds me that i wasted money over a bag ill never use. I think I used it that one time just to justify my purchasing it. Im afraid he wont buy me anymore bags after this...maybe in the next out of town trip ill use it but its so uncomfortable. The last time i use it, my hubby ended up carrying it for me...

Mcandy- I have that bag and I love mine and it is a shoulder bag too mine is the horizontal one. It is a hot item for resale since it is discontinued try selling it to yoogicloset and I'm sure in great condition they will give you a good offer.

I was referring to buying too many LV items all at once and then selling them soon after.

Mcandy- I have that bag and I love mine and it is a shoulder bag too mine is the horizontal one. It is a hot item for resale since it is discontinued try selling it to yoogicloset and I'm sure in great condition they will give you a good offer.

I was referring to buying too many LV items all at once and then selling them soon after.

Its a regular one...i wish it could fit over my shoulders...

I am the same way as the youtuber. I am a collector and I use my bags once in a while. When I clean my closet out I sell what I really think others would enjoy. I love it. My hubby don't buy them for me as I rather purchase these items myself.

I've done this and learnt my lesson. I brought a bandeau to dress my neverfull along with my illustre trunks keyring and they matched beautifully. I was so happy looking at them together in door!! But that was the problem I never used my bandeau once on a day out. I just kept my illustre trucks key holder on my neverfull. The bandeau never went with anything I wore and it never suited my style. It was an impulse buy.

I also did this with a pre loved mulberry bag. But this bag i didn't even take it out the dust bag and even give it a spin. I released that I don't like having used bags as I like the feeling of opening something brand new and looking after them. This again was an impulse buy.

I sold them with a lose but the money combined paid for my Eva clutch. I now have to go on and go about a bag or SLG until I drive myself and my BF mad :noggin: before I buy anything.

I was surfing YouTube and came across a youtuber who doesn't have a lot of subscribers selling her LV brand new items 1-month or so after she bought them. I'm not going to say who it is, but it made me think about our impulse to buy things when we walk into LV and then buyers remorse later but by then return period is over. She bought at least 5-6 items bags wallets charms in a short period of time had reviews on all of them and now unloading it without using them. Great deals though for new items she never used but still going to lose some money selling it. I feel bad for her.

Does this ever happen to you?

I have returned only once a bag to get a larger bag but I usually try to go into LV with a plan and months of research on what I want but I can see how the draw of LV once you are in the store can do this.

How to avoid the LV temptation?

I always do that. So I have never return anything. As to how to avoid temptation, I only walk into the store if I know I plan to make a purchase. Otherwise I just window shop.

I know the youtuber you are talking about and I am considering purchasing one of her items. I think sometimes we buy without really needing.. therefore it sits unused.. and now maybe she wants to purchase something new and why not sell to fund a new item right? :smile: I don't think anyone needs to feel sorry for her at all.. Doesn't look like she is suffering lol Just change of mind etc

^This! I am exactly the same - I don't like not being able to justify my purchases.. if I am not using the item or feel I made an error of judgment in buying it then I would rather sell on and buy something I will use and enjoy!! I also try to observe a one in and one out rule, both to avoid clutter and to help fund new purchases.

I have returned 2 items, the one was bought without ever seeing in person, as my local LV didn't have one to look at. It didn't look the same in person so I returned. I did get a lovely Brea MM in vernis that I really loved when I bought it, but I have never used it! It just doesn't fit into my lifestyle, which I realized too late to return. So it is sitting in the box and dust bag waiting for me to sell it.

I have in the past bought a few things (not purses) that were very impulsive and have never been used. Doing that woke me up a bit and now I research and plan a lot more, especially with something that is expensive.

The delightful PM was my very first LV bag ... used her for about a month and send her to sleep over wintertime, when I picked her up again - used her once and found a tiny tiny issue on the outer leather trim around the top of the bag, I got scared and nearly freacked ... I sold her fast ... lost about 170 bucks ... but was worth it, as I will never ever buy a bag with such a thin vachetta trim ...

So, yes I sold a unloved bag - but learned my lesson well. Never bought on impulse ... but it really helped me to learn at TPF before shopping. I stick to DE. :biggrin:

I have absolutely never sold an item that I had not carried. I also do not enter LV unless I've got $ to spend. Way too tempting. They seem to always have something new and different and oh so pretty that I can't live without. :girlsigh:

Sure, I carry some handbags more than others. But it doesn't mean that I will let the others just sit and gather dust either. I rotate into them, give them a go and find the best carrying situation.

Sometimes, I will sell one that just doesn't fit my life style any longer so that I can fund a new purchase. I've managed to not lose too much $ when selling due to the constant price increases.