Do you sell to people w/Private feedback?

plzrck

Jan 7, 2007
missouri
Hi all!

I have a bag listed now with a BIN or Best Offer and I rec'd an offer from someone with private feedback and it says they are in Taiwan. It is a pretty good offer, but I'm not too keen on the private feedback (even though they've only had 3 negatives). I also state in my auctions that I only ship within the US, I sometimes make exceptions but I don't post that in my auction. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this. Thanks.:smile:

lvgodiva

O.G.
Jan 7, 2007
I have buyer from Thailand but actually, she recently stay in USA and she has confirmed USA PP account :smile: Just ask her about payment method and her location if you decide to take her offer.

I have several buyers from Asia and they told me that they make private feedback to hide their eBay purchasing hostory from friends at the office, campuss etc.

kimalee

Jul 30, 2007
I did once...they paid, I sent the bag, and never heard from them again. No feedback, emails, or anything. I suppose it could be worse....

geniepr

Oct 16, 2007
I will sell but only if they pay via "wire transfer" (W Union or monwygram) Also depending on how old are the negatives.

Varied_obsessions

Because I said so
O.G.
May 7, 2006
Tell them to open up their feedback and you'll consider it. I'd just save myself the hassle and just. not. do. it!

plzrck

Jan 7, 2007
missouri
Thank you girls for your input. My gut is telling not to do it, so I probably won't. My auction just started yesterday so I don't think that I need to accept the first offer that I get.

Apr 28, 2007
I just sold a purse to someone with private feedback......I didn't notice her feedback until the next day. My purse ended up selling low so I took the risk.

I think everytime I sell a purse on ebay I'm basically just rolling the dice and have been very lucky over the years that good people have won my auctions.

Now that I've read your thread I think it was a wake up call & I'm not going to sell to people w/ private feedback.

Conni618

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I believe that ebay's new feedback policy will eliminate negative feedback for buyers. If this is correct, all buyers will appear the same, and they might as well all have private feedback.

Please jump in anyone...if I've got this wrong. Again, I hope I do. :shrugs:

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
I am a bit unconfortable about private feedback members. I sold a pair of boys trousers to one in France last year and she sent me a horrible message saying they were stained. They were not but I offered her a refund and never heard from her agian. I also sold a Kooba bag to a buyer in germany, he never left feedback and one day his feedback just changed to private. Strange..

mshel

I Love Summer
Jan 4, 2007
www.newstvcrews.com
I have not made a permanent decision in my head, so to speak, but now that you've asked, any time I have a higher end item for sale and I have my auction as a bin or bo, I've always declined the private feedback no matter the bid, just to keep myself safe. Private fb scares me.