Do you see your bags objectively?

Interesting thread! I also hear comments from my friends about having so many black bags and after pondering it, I realize my bag obsession is much less about fashion than it is about what delights me. I think that's why my Kooba Elisha is as appealing to me as my Lady Dior shopper, even though the cost of one is almost $1000 more than the other. I like the bow on the Elisha and the shiny lambskin & silver charms on the Dior. To my friends, they just see 2 large black handbags. It's interesting that my purse fondness is all about what I makes me feel happy, not what's practical or economical. Weird, isn't it?

I've never really thought that my handbags were a reflection of my personality but maybe...who knows?:shrugs: I'm addicted to Marc Jacobs and I'm not big with black or brown. I somewhat avoid those colors.

I don't really show my handbags collection to my friends unless they ask. I don't know. I just feel weird about it. Most of my friends think spending more than $200 on a bag is nuts. I just don't want to come across as showing off.

My closet is pretty private. Even my DH doesn't really know all of my stuff and it's better that way :Push:. I just wear whatever I personally like so it's kinda hard to describe my style.

I was thinking about it, and I don't think I could show anyone my entire collection if I tried--they are, no kidding, scattered all over the house, because I love them and want to look at them. I have a few in my office at work, as well--they're very decorative on the walls.

But I do see what you're saying, Lexie--you're at a point at which you're re-evaluating what you have, and your friend helped you see it from a different angle. I rather admire you for asking for her honest opinion, then reflecting on it. What you collect reflects both who you are to yourself and how others see you, and it's often really an insight to find that those two don't blend as seamlessly as you'd thought.

And if you're going to sell those scrummy browns, you'll let us know, yes? :girlsigh:

What an interesting thought. I am an impulse buyer. And many many of my bags were bought when I have gone through rough patches in life. Really, I am ashamed to say but a bag can be like a bandaid for me sometimes. Maybe I have bought too many bags in my low times and not enough in high times and that is why my closet is so morgue-like. Maybe a little prozac and a shopping spree would be appropriate!!! LOL