Do you see your bags objectively?

Some of my closest friends have seen most of my collection, in fact, 2 of them (my very best friends) have borrowed a couple.

I think my bags are all different (except my 3 Furla bags which are all the same bag just different sizes!) although I know my mum thinks a lot of them are the same because they are all LV. She doesn't get bags at all and doesn't see that they are completely different shapes and sizes just that they are all the same monogram!

I think you find a basic type or style that works for you (personality, body type etc.) and should then sort of stick to it. If I buy a bag out of my normal range I end up returning it. Maybe sometimes you can find a little clutch or evening bag that can be totally different but I think in general we tend to really use the bags that work best for us. They can seem the same to someone else but are different to you, which is fine.

I know how it can be opening up your closet to someone. I get a lot of comments from my mom and DH on my style. I say to think about the comments since they are an outside point of view about what you are saying to the world but in the end wear what you like.

Wow! Great question... and 'No', I don't see my bags objectively!! :P

They are my little pick-me-up... they are my thing... they can make me happy, and when every last piece of clothing in a store doesn't work - I can still snuggle my favorite bag!!

I agree with everyone... You shouldn't change at all. Buy what makes YOU happy and makes you feel great!! I also agree with the person that said showing all of your bags is like opening up your clothing wardrobe... 80% of my closet is some sort of Aqua/Teal/Blue color... but I love wearing it & it makes me happy!!

This may also be why I'm craving a red bag, but haven't taken the plunge because I'm not sure if I'll use it.... However, I do own about.... 9 or more bags in the blue/teal family?? :shame: But that's what I love!

It's very odd but after her review and I looked into my closet later that night...I saw a very dark bland purse world and I am not at all dark or bland. I talked it over with Hubby who also is a great person for honest feedback. He says some of the bags are just too brown and so many look the same. He said to go and grab the ones that draw me to them and I realize they are the more colorful bags. My Red Elisha, My Fuschia Alex, and a Cobolt Blue Tano.

I have 2 Metallic Army Koobas; a Sienna and a Scarlett and I never wear the Scarlett (haven't in over 2 years). I really think I am doing a bit of reassessing. I took to heart what my mother said..."Stick to neutrals. they go with everything"....but I live in a almost Bi-polar world where I am hardly ever in neutral territory. I think I need COLOR!!!! LOL
I really may get rid of some oof my dark redundant bags and replace them with a few with color. I'll never go as far as an Apple Green Balenciaga...(I am not that bold...LOL) but some blues or reds could be good for this old girl's soul.

I really may get rid of some oof my dark redundant bags and replace them with a few with color. I'll never go as far as an Apple Green Balenciaga...(I am not that bold...LOL) but some blues or reds could be good for this old girl's soul.

Lexie

I wouldn't worry too much. Reading through the posts, I bet many of us are very similar.

Open my wardrobe, you will see black, black and more black. The more I try and stay away from it, the more I can't.

In the past I have thought, I need colour, I have bought a couple of outfits in bolder colours. But, you probably guessed it, either not worn, or worn for 1/2 hour, and back in the wardrobe.

So, I ask myself why?

I am the sort of person who will always stay away in the shadows, and try and blend in with the background. I suppose because of this, I feel too loud in bright colours, it draws attention to me and I hate it.

You would probably be like me, if you bought a bright bag, it would never see the light of day.

Lexie -- I do think EDITING your collection and getting rid of redundant bags is a good thing. Simplify, pare down, and keep what you really use. Simplicity makes you happy, believe me!

Isn't it funny how so many of us are afraid to show our collections for fear we'll be thought of as nuts? Well, we are, and we should be proud! I agree with everyone that said your collection should be for YOU, and who cares what anyone else feels?? If you like your bags, carry them proudly; if your friend just opened up your eyes and you agree with her, then do whatever it takes so you're happy with your collection! By the way, I'm sure most of us would love your bags!

It's very odd but after her review and I looked into my closet later that night...I saw a very dark bland purse world and I am not at all dark or bland. I talked it over with Hubby who also is a great person for honest feedback. He says some of the bags are just too brown and so many look the same. He said to go and grab the ones that draw me to them and I realize they are the more colorful bags. My Red Elisha, My Fuschia Alex, and a Cobolt Blue Tano.

I have 2 Metallic Army Koobas; a Sienna and a Scarlett and I never wear the Scarlett (haven't in over 2 years). I really think I am doing a bit of reassessing. I took to heart what my mother said..."Stick to neutrals. they go with everything"....but I live in a almost Bi-polar world where I am hardly ever in neutral territory. I think I need COLOR!!!! LOL

It sounds like you are a lady that has alot of personality. You need to look at the whole picture. How do the bags work with your clothes? If you wear alot of color the neutral bags tend to balance. Don't second guess your choices just because of one critic.

It sounds like you are a lady that has alot of personality. You need to look at the whole picture. How do the bags work with your clothes? If you wear alot of color the neutral bags tend to balance. Don't second guess your choices just because of one critic.

Well, there are some bags I will keep. I have a Black Kooba Braedon and Jillian that I adore and my Metallic Army Sienna is a must but I could really do with some color differentiation. I might have to sell my Gryson Skye which is brown and buy a Blue one when the fall bags come out. Then I can still have the bag I love but have it in another color.

Isn't it funny how so many of us are afraid to show our collections for fear we'll be thought of as nuts? Well, we are, and we should be proud! I agree with everyone that said your collection should be for YOU, and who cares what anyone else feels?? If you like your bags, carry them proudly; if your friend just opened up your eyes and you agree with her, then do whatever it takes so you're happy with your collection! By the way, I'm sure most of us would love your bags!

It's hardly as if this is unique to bags - my Dad collects hedgehogs (china ones, soft toy ones, mugs, pictures, you name it) and I bet a lot of his friends and colleagues would think he was nuts if he took them up to his study to see his (HUGE) collection! My Mum's thing is orchids. It's the same with stamps, model railways, etc - if you don't get excited by something it can be hard to understand why other people do :confused1: or why they want 20 of something when you only really 'need' a few. My Mum was mystified recently when I bought my black Dior mini gaucho. Her words: 'but you already have a black handbag'. Erm, yes. And she has several pink orchids!!! What's the difference?! :P [ok, apart from price perhaps!]

I guess we just have to accept that many people won't appreciate our babies as we do. But it's ok, we have tPF, which is full of bag nuts like ourselves!! :yahoo:

Wow, Fascinating, well thought out responses ladies. Just points out that tPF ladies are bright and full of insight! I personally would never show my whole collection of bags, not for fear my friends would think I was nuts, but that their response would be a judgemental, jealous one. I would not want to put myself there.

I have a fairly eclectic collection of MJ, LV, and my true love GRYSON:heart: White, Navy, pink, red..... But Lexie, my favorites are the browns. To me they are soft, understated, solidly reliable to work with my wardrobe. I could'nt part with any of them!

Oh, I do agree that Brown bags are a staple and I intend to keep quite a few. Just like Black...but I tell ya...I am swimming in neutrals! LOL

Oh Romeolady. I adore Gryson bags. I am getting a woven this Fall and I do intend to keep my Trusty Tate (In Camel) but I really wouldn't need 2 Skye's. My first thought was to get a Jasper but that bag is just way to large. I love the size of my Skye. It's perfect so I decided it's a Woven Skye I'm getting. Springs Woven Skye's were 995.00. I hope they don't go up much.
Do you have any idea when Gryson's Fall Bags are coming out??? Late July?