Do you remember??

dearmissie

I'm MARRIED!!
Aug 16, 2007
Was talking with DF and SIL about when we realized Santa wasn't real. Got a lot of good laughs about how we all found out, and all the cute things that we used to do for Santa.
I never got the chance to believe in Santa.. :crybaby: My Mom's a therapist and was thinking along the lines.. "If I tell her he's real, and then later I tell her he isn't she might get some sort of trust issue with me. I don't want to tell my daughter one thing, then tell her something later.." I didn't really mind though.. Except at school when people SWORE by Santa and out casted me because I didn't believe in it. I remember kids taunting me saying I just didn't believe in him because I always get coal. I then just remember saying, "You'll believe me when you grow up!!" Hahahaa. Man.. Then there was Christmas. My Dad handed me a gift and I asked who it was from. He said, "Santa!" And I looked at him weird.. "No it's not, for starters the handwriting looks like yours. And another thing, Santa isn't real." He was shocked! Jaws down to the floor.:wtf: "Who told you that!?" Hahahaa. I told him Mom did... Then he added.. "I need to talk to you.." (to my mom) Hahahahaa.:roflmfao::roflmfao:

When did you realize Santa wasn't real??
Ooops! Did I just spoil it for you now?? (haha jk!):roflmfao::roflmfao:

my parents never told us santa was real
because we were "relegious" lol
but its all good, I was out casted as well ;)
also, I was one of the reasons why my neighbors parents came knockin on the door because I told the kids he wasn't real...

opps

I woke up at 1 AM Christmas Eve and went to find my parents. My dad was in the garage putting my new bike together. He said Santa was too busy to do it, but that kind of killed it for me there....

I was in elementary school, and the kids at school kept telling me Santa wasn't real... but I didn't believe them & told them my mom would never lie to me, lol. So, their response was for me to go search around my house for Christmas gifts. When I got home from school that day, I decided to search the house just so I could prove them wrong... sure enough in one of our closet's was this Jurassic Park dinosaur my brother wanted, lol. :biggrin:

I was in second grade and we had a Toyota 4Runner SUV... I was getting out of the backseat and I saw a Simpson's comforter in the cargo area. I asked my mom about it and she just kinda ignored the comment. On Christmas morning it was under the tree from Santa. Yeah :sad: Sad... haha

I remember I was watching some TV special with my parent when I was four. The commentator said the population of the world, and I starting asking my parents how it was possible for Santa to visit billions of people in one night. I just wouldn't give up, so she told me I better not say anything to my younger sisters or other kids. I didn't! I kept the secret from my sisters for six years until they finally stopped believing on their own. That was tough, but my mom told me I wouldn't get any presents if I told them so I managed to keep my mouth shut!

When I was 3 or 4 my older siblings told me Santa wouldn't bring me anything because I was being a brat. I said "There's no Santa! I can do whatever I want!" I could tell by their reaction that I was right, but I didn't tell my parents I knew because I thought I'd stop getting presents :shame:...

I think I was 8 or something. I didn't really believe in Santa in the first place, and especially not after "Santa" used the same wrapping paper and ribbons as my mom. My mom use to make my sister eat the cookies I left out hahah.

I think I lasted until something like 5th grade...although for years I did think it was suspicious that Santa's handwriting on the to and from tags looked the same as my mom's :upsidedown:

I found out when I was around 5 because my parents ruined it for me :sad:. They took me to Radio Shack a couple of days before Xmas and my dad bought a bunch of stuff, including several blank audio cassettes. I remember wondering why he was buying blank cassettes. Fast forward to Xmas day, "Santa" brought me a karaoke machine. When I went to set it up, my dad gave me one of the blank tapes he bought. I immediately knew what was up, but my parents denied it and said Santa told them he was out of cassette tapes. Ok how stupid did they think I was??? I remember feeling really upset, but to this day they give me a gift from "Santa" so I can't complain.

When I was in second grade, a friend told me he wasn't real. I then told my younger brother. My mom, of course essentially told me to shut up.

I don't think it was one big moment that proved he wasn't real, but it was a lot of little things.

The same handwriting on the wrapping paper, or the price tag still on the presents, for example.

One year, my brother and I COULD NOT WAIT to see our presents so we crept down really early in the morning. We saw our dad asleep on the couch in front of the tree so we scurried back upstairs. We used to think he was guarding the presents so we wouldn't get to them too early, but now we know he was exhausted from setting everything up.

I'm an adult now, but I still love setting things out for Santa. I stopped setting out a carrot for Rudolph, though.

Instead of cookies and milk, I'll set out cookies and a glass of sherry.

Christmas morning, I'll say things like, "Look what Santa brought!"
Haha . . . . I'm such a kid when it comes to Christmas.
One year, I did leave things out and noticed Christmas morning they weren't touched. After the present opening and us scattering and doing our own thing, my parents called me back upstairs. I came up to find the treats had been touched and there was a note (in my dad's handwriting) apologizing for not partaking earlier.

Ha ha, great thread!!

I was about 6 or so when on Christmas morning I went outside to play and saw the big box my "Hippity Hop" (anyone remember those??) next to the trash can. Things that make you go "Hmmmmm"!