Do You Remember Your First Time ??

1. Do you remember the first time you spotted your first designer bag ?

Which bag was it ? Where was it ?

What did you think I meant !!!!! :P

2. the first designer bag i saw in person was a mono noe one of the wealthy "society" women in our teensy tiny town. i wasn't very impressed with it at the time. in fact, i kind of thought it was ugly. :smile:

and suprisingly, i actually thought you were going to ask this very question! :smile: weird.

3. I was a teenager and remember my cousin who is 10 years older than me, coming over to my house with her Louis Vuitton Speedy. I knew it was a designer bag, I wasn't sure which one. Then she told me and I thought to myself, there we go......that's what I want, Louis Vuitton! And worked toward that ever since!!!!

4. I really remember when the first time I saw a designer purse was. I think they just seeped into my consciousness. I do remember people carrying Prada bags in high school (quite popular at the time), but I was never impressed nor jealous. It was college when I started acquiring designer goods. (Well, I may have received a designer purse or two before then ... but strangely I don't remember.)

5. I was really drunk and had this total crush on this one guy, so after the party we went....oh, um, wait a minute....

LOL!! I was wondering about the tastefullness of this thread, but the first designer bags I clearly remember seeing were in airports. I remember first being able to recognize the various signatures and spotting lv's and gucci's, mainly.

6. :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

7. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: ^^ good one MandM! hehehe!

i think it was LV... wasnt too sure what all the fuss was about over a brown bag... but then years later i realised it was LV! :lol:

8. ^^^ LOL! Too funny! I actually thought that was what this thread was about at first! he he he!

I think the first designer bag was either Gucci or a LV. Can't remember, but know that these two designers started me down this path long ago.

9. I was at the Somerset Collection in Troy, MI in the early 90s and I spotted a royal blue LV. If not mistaken it was an Epi collection. I was carrying Coach at the time and I just liked the fact the bag was blue. The price was around 6-800 and I remember my Mom telling me if I got it, that would be my only Christmas present and I passed. Was epi even out back then??? I said I was gonna get one, just to complete my childhood dream. I was around 13-14.

10. HELLO! Somerset is my home away from home! LOL! :roflmfao:

11. Several years ago my girlfriend brought back a Burberry and an LV MC white speedy from Hong Kong (she bought them at legit store though, so not knockoffs....I think the Burberry was at duty free shop in Heathrow). I say the LV and said "I want one" well lo and behold first LV didn't end up being a speedy (too big in person for me), but got a MC Lodge instead :smile:

12. The first time I spot a designer bag was a few years ago and it was a Burberry Nova Check purse, I thought it was so pretty. I have since amassed a decent Burberry collection.

I really must get my head out of the gutter, hihihi. :roflmfao:

13. The Women In My Family Are As Designer Bag Crazy As Me (If Not More!)...LV, Gucci, Chanel (& More!) I Always Saw.....I Couldn't Tell You An Exact Time (As Long As I Remember)......

14. I'm not exactly sure actually. Its kind of funny now that I think about it because back in high school I didnt even know what designer bags were O_o I was clueless and like helenNZ said, I didnt understand all the fuss (until now), lol.

Hm, lets see though. Back in high school I saw some girls with LV (thought they were hideous), my friend's BF got her a D&B and when she proudly announced the fact to me I just stared at her because I didnt understand why she expected me to be impressed (I'd never heard of D&B before), and I saw one or two COACH bags roaming the halls. I used to think those were the epitome of luxury and thought spending "that much" on a purse was just out of the question forever, lol.

15. I think I learned about designer bags from my aunts and grandmother. When I was really little they all had Aigner bags (as did my mom), then Coach bags (mom skipped the Coach phase, I bought her one a few years back to make up for it!), then Dooneys (my mom had a Dooney too), now a variety (Dooneys, Guccis, etc). But the first time I remember really noticing high end designer bags was when I went to Hawaii and saw my first LV store on Maui. At the time I was SHOCKED at the prices and made a beeline to Coach, but I did wander through later and look around a bit. If only I had known, I could have snagged a Speedy and called it a souvenir!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice