Do you regret getting reissue with GH instead of RHW?

1. SHOPBOP The big SALE just launched, with markdowns of 40% on 5,000+ styles, including the designer boutique! SHOP THE SALE
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NET-A-PORTER NAP's annual Spring/Summer sale is now live, save up to 50% on their designer inventory! SHOP THE SALE
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am hoping to get a reissue 225 size soon and I am torn on the hardware. I went to see both in person and still couldn't make up my mind. I love the gold hardware but I am afraid it will chip too easily. Does anyone regret getting the gold and wish they would have gotten RHW instead? I am a very casual dresser but I tend to love gold more. I would appreciate opinions.

2. I got this and love it...but it’s 226 medium size

Attached Files:

3. I own black reissue 225 with gold hwr. I really like gold on the bag and wear it casually with jeans all the time. It coordinates well with my gold jewelry. I have not had any chipping issues. It does look slightly distressed which goes along with the look of the whole bag!

sinny1 likes this.
  4. I have the same dilemma and still haven't decided yet, leaning towards the RHW though.

I thought I was set on the GHW but then started thinking it'd look too dressy if I wear it with casual clothing. The RHW is beautiful as well and I like how it nicely compliments casual clothing ... but I'm afraid it's not dressy enough to dress up.

IMO: The GHW seems a tinge towards yellow though and is more flashy when compared to RHW. Since I personally want a understated look, I'll likely get RHW.

sinny1 likes this.
  5. Yes I feel the same way the gold makes it look more "Chanel" but since its more yellow toned im afraid it will look too flashy so I like how the RHW is less flashy and looks so chic but I'm afraid I might feel underwhelmed.

6. Nope, love my Bronze Reissue w/Aged Gold HW. Had it since release and still love, love, love it!

Not flashy at all. I've easily worn with jeans and gowns alike. Perfect.

sinny1 likes this.
  7. I almost always prefer silver or ruthenium hardware, but in the Reissue I think the aged gold hardware is just perfection. It's not "too gold" and pairs so well with the vintage feel of the bag. My small/225 Reissue is one of the few bags I have with gold hardware (and all the others have light gold hardware) and I have no regrets. I don't feel it is flashy at all and find it dresses up and down very easily.

sinny1 and dbcelly like this.
  8. That's why I feel so torn. I do feel that the reissue, in black leather, looks best and most classic with GHW.

I don't think the OP specified, but I assumed they meant RHW vs GHW on a black reissue. The more obvious contrast between the GHW with black makes me think it's more dressy, and not as easy to dress down.

Any chance you / other TPFers have mod pics / links to of the reissue with GHW with casual outfits?

sinny1 likes this.
  9. I just used my Black Reissue with GHW today, its go well with my jeans and sweatshirt, look really causal to me! And I think the distressed look of Reissue gold hardware is the best match!

sinny1 likes this.
  10. Yes I want a black reissue. I am
    also concerned the black and gold might look too dressy but it seems most people say it looks fine casual.

11. FC0CEDA6-7BE1-4E08-8DD8-151D47CEE8AC.jpeg
    I went through the same dilemma (lol) when I was looking for my first Reissue. I am a totally casual dresser — we are talking about “jeans, tees and hoodies” casual. I have always liked silver/gunmetal/non-gold hardware — and thought the RHW would better suit my style. I was looking to buy preloved so I left it up to chance/fate as to which hardware I end up with. I was actually looking at both a RHW and GHW at the same time but the RHW sold so I went with the GHW. No regrets whatsoever. It is a classic combo. It works well both dressed up or down. Here is a picture of (sloppy) me in a striped tee/jeans with my Reissue. Good luck deciding — can’t go wrong with either :smile:

RitaLA, nicole0612 and sinny1 like this.
  12. Yes I’m the same, jeans, tee and lots of hoodies. There is something about the gold that makes it more tempting!! Thanks for sharing the picture :smile:

Iamminda likes this.
  13. Here are a couple of my old mod shots. I’ve gotten lazy and haven taken many recently. HTH
    upload_2019-5-14_21-13-52.png
    upload_2019-5-14_21-16-4.png

dbcelly, Iamminda, jenngu and 2 others like this.
  14. I just love the aged gold hardware on the reissue! On the classic I prefer the silver. Personal choice on both for sure. Can’t go wrong with either.

sinny1 likes this.
  15. No. I would only buy chanel bags with GHW, same with Hermes.
    "chip too easily"-- what are you talking about? Never heard of it, never happen to mine.
    Casual or not, it's up to your own outfit.

sinny1 and Anesthestia like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice