Do you regret anything in your life...

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm so sorry, that is so sad. If you ever need anything let me know. ((((hugs))))

2. I try not to live in regret...

But Yea, my husband bumping into his old co-worker last year and them setting "their wives" up to work together. Now she is in jail and my life is completely ruined. As well as for a lot of my future. I have lawsuits because of her illegal doings and over a million dollars of debt I do not think I can ever repay... all my friends and family have dropped me.... She is pinning everything on me because I was her partner, the trials are goingt to get nasty and expensive (if I can afford to keep a lawyer)

...and all because my husband bumped into John Oberhuber last year!

If you live in San Diego, please watch out of John Oberhuber and Evelyn Oberhuber (once she gets out of jail!)
    just so you guys don't think I am lying...
    http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/homepage/article_1009429.php

there are plenty more articles...

4. I regret getting married young and having a baby at 22. But I love my baby.

5. Honestely,
    my only regret is not going to college. Other than that life is great!

6. i try to not regret anything and look at the positive side on why things have turned out the way they have.

all the negative & superficial people in my life...i'm glad they came into my life b/c i'm no longer so naive.

i guess i wished i knew what i was doing in university so i wouldn't be behind by a year and a half...but i've done many other interesting things in that time too.

all the worries, i've learned that i am much more fortunate than many others in this world and that most of them are petty, selfish and immature when compared to the bigger picture.

7. The only thing I sort of regret is not getting a master's degree. But I figure I can always go back someday. I think that everything happens for a reason and I don't like to dwell on things. I am happy with where life has taken me so far. The only other thing I regret is not getting addicted to purses earlier and not buying LV earlier when it was less expensive. Wish I would've bought a Speedy when I first wanted one! :lol:

8. Right there with you Dani! The way I see it, Faith Evans said it best in her song Again -

If I had to do it all again
    I wouldn't take away the rain
    'Cause I know it made me who I am
    If I had to do it all again
    I've learn so much from my mistakes,
    That's how I know He is watching me

9. OMG! What an insane story! How awful. I'm so sorry that happened to you. It is a bizarre lesson on how random coincidences can sometimes have dire consequences...

11. I Asked My Husband This, Right After We Saw 13 Going On 30 For The First Time (I Know Silly Reference).......I Thought About It Before I Asked. I Use To Regret All Kinds Of Things. I Think That Was Me Being Young??? I Don't Think I Have Regreted A Thing Since The Birth Of My Son.........Yes! I Have Guilt (That Jewish Guilt ~ That Follows Me Forever!).

12. awww, Amanda- PM me if you wanna chat about whatever is bringing you down.:heart:333333333

and, great responses guys! this is really interesting.

13. i only regret one thing - i meet this guy in calgary and i didnt do anything about it... when i think about it - it makes me sad, so i wont go into detail.. but i've got a great bf (we've been together for 5 years) but you just always have this, "what if?" pressing on your mind! :sad: every since that day, i've never let anything go! my outlook now is: "just do it!"

14. "If you're going to worry, don't do it. If you're going to do it, don't worry."

Okay, not always true, but! i can't regret anything i have done in my life, i do however have 'pondering moments' um, lots. To me, regret puts unneccessary stress on watching the outcome of what really did happen. As f-ed up as certain things have seemed at the time and as sad as i have been about decisions made before, i look at all the people and experiences surrounding me and think, 'Oh? That's how i got here!' and many times certain 'not-great-decisions' have made me much more insightful or led me somewhere or to someone i would have never thought possible. And i love the 'aha!' moment when i figure out when a 'wrong turn' has led me to the right place.

Heck - if i hadn't made a certain 'regret' eight years ago, i'd probably be a stay at home mom with 3 young kids who has just found out the man i gave everything up for was cheating on me and leaving me unexpectedly and (reference to my 'where have you been' post) i would have managed to see only five states in my life and have to get a job at Target (not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Don't 'should all over yourselves', ladies - it ain't worth it!

15. I regret wasting about 7 years of my life by not going to a university right after high school.:mad: