do you recycle the ribbons that your purchases come in?

frizz

Nov 8, 2006
If so how? I have a few of these ribbons lying around and would love to make something from them. Any ideas?

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
I do save them and use them as things come up. Sometimes when I make a gift basket for someone I need a something to tie at the top. I also save them for kid's projects.

Poshhoney

Hunting
Jan 29, 2008
Manchester UK
I have a bunch I would like ideas for. I have used them to shorten straps, but have some really long ones there must be some use for!

queenofchic

Mar 17, 2008
It's a good idea to recycle them. I tried using the ribbons to shorten the straps on my flaps but it looked tacky --the white portion poked through the hole & it looked clumpy when I opened my flap. I have since just tossed them. But I think if you have a ribbon maker, you could use the all the ribbons to make a flower ---it'll look like the camelia flower but have Chanel written on it. Just a thought.

DeeDeeDelovely

Quiet!Hermes Hunting
O.G.
Aug 17, 2006
Orlando, Fl
I use mine as book markers or ponytail tie. I refuse to use them as gift wrappers...lol. I love em too much to give em away. lol

frizz

Nov 8, 2006
^pictures? Sounds really elegant. I made a rosette with some of mine and tied it to the handles of a bag. I was experimenting at the time with how to use them.