Do you really rotate out your Coach bags for different seasons?

shellindc

Coach-ified!
O.G.
Jan 7, 2008
I saw a previous post that asked about keeping bags for fall...I totally don't do that. The minute I get the darn thing, I rip the tags of and carry away!

The 4 bags I have (see sig) I use all year around. It didn't even occur to me that people rotate them in/out based on season! I guess it makes sense w/ some of the colors (like the pastel sigs for spring? the wine Bleecker for fall?)...but I just assumed people used their bags all year around!

Am I weird?

No, not at all. I tend to carry my siggies in the spring/summer and my leather in the fall/winter. I have five of each, plus other miscellaneous bags, and I definitely use them during specific seasons.

I use all my bags all year except for the summer fabric ones like Scribble which I don't carry fall/winter, and I also don't really carry white leather in the fall/winter. Otherwise I rotate sometimes daily, using all of my collection, except for those bags I'm tired of or just can't get around to carrying in a given year.

I also rotate my bags all year long but do have a few that I would only use during the fall/winter and a few for only spring/summer. Most of them I can use all year long though and I like to switch out bags so they all get used some. The heavier ones and small ones only get used occassionally though. :yes:

I rotate my bags throughout the year, but I tend to use my darker colored bags more often in the fall/winter and my cheerier colored bags more in the spring/summer.

Nope. I wear what I want when I want. Dark bags in summer, light bags in winter. My bag rarely matches my outfit. Today I'm wearing my winter colors (charcoal grey and burgundy) and a carrying a camel bag. :shrugs:

I guess I can get away with that in Florida though...We have one season here -- Hurricane season.

I tend to buy bags which aren't very season specific (no scribble or anything like that), and I think a most bags can work for all seasons depending on what you wear!

I change bags based on my outfit, what I'm doing and my mood -the season really has nothing to do with it other than if it's pouring down rain and then I'll use a bag that can take getting wet with no issues.

The "change the bag to the outfit" is what I do. W/ a red, a BT and two black, sometimes they can clash! It also depends on what I'm doing...if I'm doing a lot of shopping, I need the BT Bleecker b/c it can hang on my shoulder, rather than the satchel b/c the drop isn't as comfortable! I can totally relate!

I guess part of the reason I don't switch them out is that I don't have any that are of lighter color, materials, etc. They're all dark leather. I get screwed in the rain...maybe Coach should come up w/ some kind of handbag raincoat! :smile:

We have all 4 seasons in MN, and I still don't coordinate my bags w/the seasons... I wear whatever I feel comfortable wearing... I rotate my bags on a regular basis.. usually I wear a coordinating bag w/my outfit or else a colored bag for that extra "pop" :P but don't care if its winter/fall/spring or summer...

I don't think you are weird, I carry my bags whenever I feel like it. :smile: It really is just personal preference. If someone wants to wait and rotate...then great...I just don't have that willpower. LOL