Do you put your bag on the floor?

vagabag

O.G.
Dec 31, 2006
I personally think it's gross to put it on the floor, especially in public bathrooms. But, sometimes, there's no other place for it and I can't hold it either. So, what do you do? I just came across this "purse hook" thing but then it seems kindda weird to whip it out in public. What do you do? Thanks!

If I have to put it on the floor in a public place, I try to put a napkin down first or if in a restroom stall with no hook on the door (which is my pet peeve), I at least put toilet paper down on the floor first, then my bag on that.

nope, never.
I sometimes use the purse hook, but most times the hook is not able to hold my wider handle bags. Those times I use the help of a ponytail holder. I also use the extra chair and my lap. I don't feel weird when I use them in public ... it is still better than the floor. I have one in each of my bags.

I wouldn't set it on the floor in a restroom but otherweise I'm not that concerned about setting it on the ground.
I'm not that germ-conscious (otherwise I'd never touch money or a door knob again).

Sometimes it's just safer to have your bag on the ground between your feet than on the chair next to you. That's how bags get stolen. ;)

No way! I can't believe it when I see bags on bathroom floors. It's so gross, it makes me nauseous. In restaurants, I put it in a chair next to me and cover it with a pretty scarf or even a clean napkin. Or if my back is to a wall and there's no foot traffic going on behind me, I'll hang it on a chair. Otherwise, if it fits, I'll keep it on my lap. I just can't put my bags onto the floor no more than I could let my kids crawl around on floors in public places when they were little. I did pick up some of those purse hooks at Linens and Things and it's kinda flimsy and cheap feeling. I think it will work out okay but I need to find a sturdier one or atleast one with a longer arm. I'm a self confessed germophobe and proud of it! :peace: