Do you put your bag on the floor?

never on the floor of restrooms! I wouldnt even do that with a cheap bag! I will only put a bag on the floor if i have no other choice - usually in a restaurant!

Never ever put any bag on the floor...no matter where I am, or what I am carrying..(unless it's a shopping bag). usually hang it from a chair, leave it in my lap or put it on the table if i have to!

never in a bathroom/ filthy-looking floors.

But sometimes i really hv no choice but to leave the bag on the floor ( during my course of work ). But of cos b4 i do tt, i'll hv to ensure the floor is clean. If im at a restaurant, sometimes its dif to place the bag on the table/chair, so i'll leave it on the floor too. However, in most cases, waiters wld come to her rescue with a bag stool

No i don't put it on the floor...some of my Chinese friends says that in fengshui it's bad luck to put your bag on the floor...i do make use of the purse hook in restaurants...

Never on a bathroom floor.

I need to invest in one of those purse hooks you can attach to your table for when I go out to eat. Just recently I had no choice but to place my brown wc speedy 30 on the floor in between my feet because there was nowhere to hang my purse on my chair and we didn't have an extra chair.

never on the floor in public restrooms (or as stated before a movie theatre) but anywhere else like a restaurant is okay. most of the time in restaurants i place it on another chair but if i have to put it on the floor i don't worry or fret about it.

I've seen people put their napkin down first, under the bag. I've also seen them use a magazine. Personally I wouldn't use the magazine for fear of ink print transfer.

Never on a bathroom floor.

I need to invest in one of those purse hooks you can attach to your table for when I go out to eat. Just recently I had no choice but to place my brown wc speedy 30 on the floor in between my feet because there was nowhere to hang my purse on my chair and we didn't have an extra chair.

No, never on the floor. I use a purse hook or put my bag on an extra chair in a restaurant. I won't hang it on my chair for fear of someone walking by and wallking off with it. Before I got the purse hook, there was one time I didn't have an extra chair while we were eating, so I balanced my bag on my two feet under the table. That was a miserable way to sit through an entire meal, so I bought the purse hook and use it a lot. I don't do it because the floor may be dirty so much, usually the restaurants we go to have carpeting that seems clean. My concern is the possibility that there could be insects on the floor and I don't want them in or on my bag.

No way! I can't believe it when I see bags on bathroom floors. It's so gross, it makes me nauseous. In restaurants, I put it in a chair next to me and cover it with a pretty scarf or even a clean napkin. Or if my back is to a wall and there's no foot traffic going on behind me, I'll hang it on a chair. Otherwise, if it fits, I'll keep it on my lap. I just can't put my bags onto the floor no more than I could let my kids crawl around on floors in public places when they were little. I did pick up some of those purse hooks at Linens and Things and it's kinda flimsy and cheap feeling. I think it will work out okay but I need to find a sturdier one or atleast one with a longer arm. I'm a self confessed germophobe and proud of it! :peace:

ITA with everything you said. I am the same exact way. To the bolded ... some people think nothing of that either, and I think it's revolting!

I am a proud germophobe as well ... it has nothing to do with the fact that it's LV. I don't even put shopping bags or plastic bags on the floor (and if I must (as in Christmas shopping or something) the bags are discarded before they enter my home). I also do not wear shoes indoors for the same reason. My purses and bags touch my hands, touch my car seat, touch the kitchen counter, sometimes end up on my bed, so they will never be on the floor!

Last edited: