Do you protect your purses?

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I just received my new Botkier bag, and the leather smells and looks beautiful! I want to keep it that way - do you suggest using a leather protector, or does this change the essence of the bag? If you DO recommend one - which one?

Thanks in advance!
    :smile:

2. I'v heard from a few people that the apple garde is suppost to be awsome. leathersuff.com carries it.

3. I think the guard could change the smell. I don't really use anything on my bags, I just take extremely good care of them and they are all in great shape. Leather isn't peeling etc and most still have their stock smell :lol:

4. I feel that a thread about how to properly protect your purse would be useful, considering that many of us own nice bags that we want us to last us a lifetime.

What can you do besides put it in its dustbags and stuff it with tissue paper though? That's what I do before putting my bags in the closet; is there anything else you can do? I have several suede bags, and am so paranoid about using them because I don't think I can properly protect them from the elements. I read about the UGG spray on another thread, so I know about that; are there any other options? For example, do you really need a rain protector (i.e. how the birkin comes with one .. although its scratchproof)?

Any suggestions ladies? :amuse: