Do you prefer zip up leather knee high heels boots or pull on over skinny jeans?

livefire

O.G.
Sep 5, 2013
Hi All,

I have a question for those of you that enjoy the look of knee high heel boots over skinny jeans.

Do you have a preference of whether to wear knee high heel zip up dress boots or more of the pull on knee high heel dress boots over skinny jeans? It seemed to me that zip up boots over jeans was favorable at one point, but that styling seems to favor pull on boots now? Do you have a preference or opinion of what looks best or that you like the best?

Thanks!
LF

i also like ankle boots when wearing jeans, all my knee high boots are pull ons. but i would think if you were to wear them over jeans, it might be easier with zip ups.

I only like tall boots with zippers that completely open, I do not even like the ones with little half zippers by the ankle but the shaft is still closed, just too hard to get on. Definitely do not like pull-on boots.

Hi. I wear skinny jeans with tall boots often in the fall/winter. I love the look of pull ons, but I have tried so many pairs and they don't quite work for me.

Because they are pull on, I find the ankle ends up being loose, and then it makes me look like I have thick ankles, or it just creates a straight line past my knee. The zip ups create a nicer shaped fit around the ankles.

Also, putting them on and off is a major pain. They need to be wide enough to fit over the calf. But, then, I find it a bit loose at the very top, and again, it looks like a straight line vs - curve line hugging the calves.

I love pull on boots, but all mine are full zip ups. They fit much better and look really sleek with skinny jeans. No bunching at the ankle or loose gap near the knee.

Hope this was helpful.

Definitely depends on the style; but if I had an option between two identical styles, I'd go with zipper because it's far easier.

On a side note, I bought a pair of Giambatista Valli boots with the zipper on the back! It totally kept the aesthetic pure from the front/sides but the back zipper makes them really easy to wear/take off...win-win ;)