Do you prefer to "rent or to "own" the bag ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Following that article of the thread above (mentionning Purseblog!) :
    Guardian Unlimited | Special reports | Designer handbags: why buy when you can rent?

What do you think ? Would you rent your bags so you can update to latest trend, or special occasions ?

"Even in the secular world of American fashion, miracles can happen. Two website companies are offering couture accessories to the chic masses at affordable prices. In short: handbags for rent"

"Prices rise from $15 a month for brands such as Coach and DKNY to $175 for Chloé, Prada and Gucci."

With my tastes I would have to get a "Diva" subscription, so it would cost me 175$ a month. But after 1 year I won´t have anything, might have enjoyed all these bags,BUT my closet is empty !! Whereas I could have bought myself a Chanel for a lifetime......I guess I´m not much of a trend follower, or don´t care to impress people.....

How about you ???

2. I do not really relish the thought of carrying a bag that has been used before by other people!

I would say buy. Rent is a good idea for those on a budget or who get bored quickly, but I like to know exactly where my bag has been lol ;)

3. There is already a thread in GD on this topic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice