Do you prefer to buy new or used LV items?

I don't mind second-hand bags as long as they're in good condition and the price is right. Although I must say nothing can beat the feeling of going to the store and comes out with that big brown shopping bag ;)

All my LV bags are purchased from the stores personally.I dont really like to carry '2nd hand' bags as I'm not sure how others use the bags before me.Its like,since i'm paying so much $ for it, i hv to get a 1st hand experience of owning it than from other ppl.:smile:
But my DH always complain that I'm crazy to spend so much $ on a bag when i can get them cheaper fr 2ndhand sellers...but still... i cant seem to get use to using 2nd hand bags... i supposed its just me.... heh.

It depends on the bag for me. If its something I absolutely love and would keep forever, I like to buy new. If its something I like but feel i might change my mind later on then i dont mind buying used assuming it is in very light used condition and clean without stains, damage, ect. This is all not considering the stress from the risk of buying from a stranger, getting a fake bag, not as described, ect.

Depends on what i'm buying, who i'm buying it from and what i plan on using it for.
Ie, if i'm looking for an all weather bag I go used, save myself some $$ and use it towards another bag. Also depends on the deal you're getting buying it used. If you can save a few $$ and its still new ( ie my lockit H) sure... saving money for your next bag is great!!

I only have 3 pieces (Mono petit bucket, wallet and the Cabas Mezzo) and all 3 pieces I bought brand new. I love getting the boxes and dustbags and keeping all of that stored together. I have been eyeing a coupl of things on Let-Trade but I can't get past the fact that you don't get a dustbag with the purchase. So, my question, are you ok with not getting the "whole package" and saving some money buying used or do you prefer to buy new and get all the "stuff" that comes with a brand new item?

I always buy NEW at boutique. I'll never buy a used one even if it's a bargain cos i like to be the first user of my bag! It's not the same if it's been in other hands.

Why not save if you can... But of course it does depend on the quality of the bag and the amount saved. I recently bought a used LV wallet from a consignment store, it was in great condition and I only paid $95 for it, and its a reputable store so I had no worries.

NEW. I want to know my bag is spotless. It kind of creeps me out with a germ thing with a used bag by a stranger. Now if I was friends with that person and they took excellent care of their bags and were as great as the people here on TPF I think I would not have a big problem but I still like the virgin leather on a new LV bag. I just like the new look versus older.

I'm not very worried about the 'someone using the bag before me' aspect as I buy from elux and for all I know it's someone else's return. As I said before I am more concerned that if I truly don't like the bag I have the option of sending it back with no hassles.

I'm not really into LE items and nor am I any kind of collector so I don't have much of a need to buy from other sellers.