Do you prefer to buy from a boutique or department store?

add me to the boutique. I love the help when you need an item looked up, I love the care with the bagging, and I love the BAG itself, walking around with a Coach....shallow I know. In fact, when we bought my sisters b-day gift, I bought a bag too and my husband offered to hold the Coach bag that afternoon, I was kinda bummed! LOL

Lord and Taylor for bags. Since they mark down coach bags 25% and another 15% off coupon and sometimes, their friends and family 20% off coupon can be used in regular price coach.

But I go to boutique for accessories since more choices there.

If I had my choice it would be a boutique but there isn't one close enough to me so I have to settle for online or department store. I did get a Friends and Family discount at Macy's last year and got to use it on Coach so that kinda offsets the PCE invite in a way! Can't complain! But I'd like the experience of having a SA that I could get to know and work with or having my bag wrapped up and put in a Coach bag. The gal that I purchase from at Macy's isn't too bad though and I have a very sweet SA that I call at a boutique to order from too!

I have yet to go to either. I've always gone to the Outlets or ordered them online from Ebay. But I think I'll be going to the boutique because with the service from people at department stores I've received, I'd rather not deal with the attitude. I feel that if I go to a Coach store, they'll know I'm serious about my purchase and will be more willing to help.

by the way besides the PCE, do they ever have sales or discounts at the boutiques? Or do the bags go to the outlets for reduction?

I think they only discount that ever happens in the stores is around the holidays when they send their customers the 25% off coupon for you to use. I believe there are no actual markdowns taken at the store level.

I used to shop just at the outlets or on-line. I've shopped at 2 different boutiques (since joining TPF) and LOVE one of them. I'm trying not to shop on-line so I can receive a PCE coupon (sometimes you DO need a midnight Coach fix.)

I used to be intimidated by the SAs - now - I kinda enjoy the attention!

I try to stick with boutiques... I've purchased from an outlet (Cabazon, CA) once but I ended up returning the items. I have picked up a few things from Dillard's and Macy's.

The girls (and my fave male SA... not really an SA, I think he's called an Inventory Manager or something like that...) know me at my Coach boutique. Only a few ladies from the dept stores remember me and most of them don't know much about Coach.