Do you prefer the old pochette or the NM?

gurlsaved

O.G.
Aug 31, 2011
I looked around to see if there was a thread on this but couldn't find anything. Just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were on the old pochette accessories vs. the new model (NM).

It seems that most people like the NM because its more of a purse with the longer strap and pocket. I'm trying to decide is I should get an old one for a good deal or splurge on the NM.

I plan on using it primarily as a makeup/accessories bag inside of my work bag and so I think the old one would work fine but I welcome other people's opinions on how they use their pochette NM and/or the old version!

So do you prefer the old pochette or the NM?

I have the old pochette and I think it would be perfect for you. I manage to fit a small wallet, keys, my iPhone 5s and sunglasses with felt case. I purchased a non LV gold chain on eBay for $10 that I use if I'm using it as a purse for running errands...HTH. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1410028339.975735.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1410028363.907868.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1410028394.671877.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1410028410.730908.jpg

I don't have the NM, but I did buy the old version 3 months ago after contemplating the same question. What finally sold me was the shorter strap that can be turned into a wristlet or extended with the keychain extender. I like the flexibility of the shorter strap, and the NM strap wouldn't work as well for me. However, you can't go wrong with a pochette regardless of new vs. old. I absolutely adore mine, and it has turned into one of my most used pieces. Even the old style fits more than you might think if you pack it strategically. Good luck!

I have the pochette nm and love that she sits / stands on het own. She is my small purse bc of that reason. I would love the have the old pochette too, but only to carry her inside other bags. IMO she is a great accessory bag and the shorter strap makes it perfect for this kid of use as the pochette nm is better to carry on shoulder with the new now longer strap. Love and use her a lot

I have the old pochette and I think it would be perfect for you. I manage to fit a small wallet, keys, my iPhone 5s and sunglasses with felt case. I purchased a non LV gold chain on eBay for $10 that I use if I'm using it as a purse for running errands...HTH. View attachment 2742036View attachment 2742037View attachment 2742038View attachment 2742039

I debated the same and bought the olde model. I did the exact same thing. I have a chain off ebay and also ordered a nice leather vachetta strap too from a person who makes them. Looks awesome.

I prefer the old model. I almost bought the new one when it first came out but when I tried it out in the store I felt the size and strap were awkward if I was going to be carrying it inside my purse (which I always do). I use the older style pochette as a keepall inside my larger bag but also as a small purse for barbeques and pool parties or going out at night when I don't want to carry my Eva. I also purchased the gold chains from ebay and I think it makes the pochette look so chic. I wore my pochettes crossbody a lot this summer- especially my DE during heavy downpours.

I appreciate this thread - I've been wondering the same thing, especially before the price increase!!

Is there a difference in size between the old and the NM pochette? Or are the only differences between the two the strap and the pocket?

I just bought the NM too, it hasn't arrived yet. I have owned the old version before and didn't like it so I ended up selling it.

For long term, I'd say go for the NM but it's all up to you!!! x

I was just thinking of this today...
in my eyes they should have kept the old style too
but I do find the nm better in many ways
where as the mini is waaay too small to my needs and the eva is to fancy
I still use both just for different things