Do you prefer receiving LV as gifts or purchasing yourself?

stayseeing

Nov 12, 2011
This might sound like a silly question, but bear with me! :smile:

I asked for a Damier Azur Neverfull MM (my first LV) for Christmas, and I had very good reason to think that I would receive it. However, I began to think, and *I* want to be the one to buy *my* first LV.

Just wondering if anyone has thought about this? Or am I in this crazy boat alone? :P Of course I won't mind receiving LV as gifts in the future, but I want to buy my first at least, and say that I worked hard to get it.

This might sound like a silly question, but bear with me! :smile:

I asked for a Damier Azur Neverfull MM (my first LV) for Christmas, and I had very good reason to think that I would receive it. However, I began to think, and *I* want to be the one to buy *my* first LV.

Just wondering if anyone has thought about this? Or am I in this crazy boat alone? :P Of course I won't mind receiving LV as gifts in the future, but I want to buy my first at least, and say that I worked hard to get it.

I know exactly what you mean. It's a nice feeling when you've saved up enough money to buy the bag you want. So I totally understand where you are coming from. But like you also said, who wouldn't mind receiving LV as a gift?! ;)

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean. It's a nice feeling when you've saved up enough money to buy the bag you want. So I totally understand where you are coming from. But like you also said, who wouldn't mind receiving LV as a gift?! ;)

Yes! Exactly. I think once the addiction unfolds, I will be supportive of gifts! :biggrin:

well, i have recently got Damier Ebene Eva clutch as a gift for Eid Holiday, and i was extremely happy..:love: the bag was on my wishlist for years, but i never could take a plunge to go and get her, instead my friend did for me:yahoo: Now, i'm thinking to get speedy B myself in a month or so...

If somebody would get you NF on Christmas that would be very cool, and you can save some money and get another one LV yourself next time:smile:

well, i have recently got Damier Ebene Eva clutch as a gift for Eid Holiday, and i was extremely happy..:love: the bag was on my wishlist for years, but i never could take a plunge to go and get her, instead my friend did for me:yahoo: Now, i'm thinking to get speedy B myself in a month or so...

If somebody would get you NF on Christmas that would be very cool, and you can save some money and get another one LV yourself next time:smile:

I was actually going to ask for something smaller as a gift, and I'll buy the purse myself, so it's a win-win situation :cool:

I've been eyeing this purse for so long as well!! I want to grab it before another price increase.

Hahahaha... that made me laugh! It definitely IS an addiction! :graucho:

I can relate to that because I have bought my own LV in the past, and now I am going to have my BF buy me one as a gift... LOL.

I don't even have my first LV yet, and I'm already looking at SLGs and my "next" purchases! So I know in fact, there will be an addiction :lol:

I've actually never received any LV as a gift. Since I was 15 I've worked to save up and buy them myself, and it really is an amazing feeling. However, that's not to say I wouldn't mind getting it as a gift! I just feel like it's so so expensive, so if I want it, I should have to buy it myself...but I still drop hints anyways!! I prefer if people give me money that I can then put towards a bag or SLG since my mind changes so frequently!

I have not received an LV as a gift, but I've received money to go towards LV. That way my DH feels like he's contributing and making me happy, but not pressured to drop the equivalent of 4 months worth of my son's preschool tuition on a purse. Now if DH wanted to buy me a purse and felt comfortable doing so, I'd gladly and gratefully accept it. I have been saving a portion of my SAHM allowance money for LV.

I LOVE receiving it as a gift but with the good comes with the bad...guilt.
My hubby has bought me a LV large mono noe about 14 years ago.
Then he bought me a mono never full GM when they were first released.
He also bought me the mono zippy coin purse when it was first released.
Now I recently sold my bucket to fund my ebene speedy and in August in got a pink graffiti zippy wallet that out of guilt I still haven't used it .
My point is if it's given as a gift by a significant other than if you get a new one ,they might get upset .

I got my RF Vernis Alma for Christmas/Anniversary last year but I told my husband what I wanted, showed him the bag then ordered it myself. I don't think he would pick out a bag and buy it for me himself. It is better that I chose it.

When I went to Las Vegas a few weeks ago, I planned on getting myself a Christmas present for this year. I went with my MIL and she ended up getting me my Ixia MM and mini pochette (early Christmas present). Then I bought a mono Eva and Cles.

I hope to get a little something more for my Anniversary, which is dec 27. :smile:

I've actually never received any LV as a gift. Since I was 15 I've worked to save up and buy them myself, and it really is an amazing feeling. However, that's not to say I wouldn't mind getting it as a gift! I just feel like it's so so expensive, so if I want it, I should have to buy it myself...but I still drop hints anyways!! I prefer if people give me money that I can then put towards a bag or SLG since my mind changes so frequently!

I agree with everything you said. I feel much better receiving Coach as presents as it's more affordable rather than expecting such an expensive item. It's definitely rewarding to purchase yourself.

I LOVE receiving it as a gift but with the good comes with the bad...guilt.
My hubby has bought me a LV large mono noe about 14 years ago.
Then he bought me a mono never full GM when they were first released.
He also bought me the mono zippy coin purse when it was first released.
Now I recently sold my bucket to fund my ebene speedy and in August in got a pink graffiti zippy wallet that out of guilt I still haven't used it .
My point is if it's given as a gift by a significant other than if you get a new one ,they might get upset .

That's actually a very interesting point. When my SO bought me a Coach purse last Christmas, I wore it for a while, but once I replaced it, he thought I didn't like it as much (which was not true - I just set my eyes on something new!). So, I think by buying it myself, I avoid that guilt! :biggrin: