Do you prefer ordering online, even w/ a nearby H store?

TokyoBound

Singing the Sorrow
For those of you with H stores nearby, I was curious to see if you preferred to shop in-person or order online? My nearest H store is South Coast Plaza. While I have thus far had nice customer service there, I have run into a lot of low stock issues (certainly not limited to South Coast Plaza I imagine). Therefore, I am often disinclined to go, because I never know if they will have anything available for purchase along the lines of what I am looking for. Buying online, at least I can see the stock that is available on the website.

However, I know by shopping online, I am missing out on building that ever valuable relationship with a SA. Anyone have any thoughts on this? This has been something I've been dithering over the past week, as I'm expecting a work bonus soon, and want to reward myself with an H treat :smile:

fansynancy

O.G.
Dec 7, 2009
Rutherford, CA
I feel your pain on this one. I split my time between Corona del Mar and the Napa Valley, so can be considered a local shopper at SCP and San Francisco. I can say with surety that San Francisco has it all over SCP. They have a list there for EVERYTHING and my name never comes to the top of their list. I have been waiting over a year for a Toolbox. In that time, I've gotten 2 Constance, 35 Kelly, croc Kelly cut, 35 B, 2 Jige and countless other items from my fabulous SA in SF and from SCP? Nothing. I think you should tell your SCP SA your dilemma. I am sure they would hate to lose you to the online store. After all, they are meant to be helping local loyal customers and that is just what you are.

TokyoBound

Singing the Sorrow
I feel your pain on this one. I split my time between Corona del Mar and the Napa Valley, so can be considered a local shopper at SCP and San Francisco. I can say with surety that San Francisco has it all over SCP. They have a list there for EVERYTHING and my name never comes to the top of their list. I have been waiting over a year for a Toolbox. In that time, I've gotten 2 Constance, 35 Kelly, croc Kelly cut, 35 B, 2 Jige and countless other items from my fabulous SA in SF and from SCP? Nothing. I think you should tell your SCP SA your dilemma. I am sure they would hate to lose you to the online store. After all, they are meant to be helping local loyal customers and that is just what you are.
Thank you for your comments, I'm sorry you've been having trouble with SCP as well, though I'm glad to know it's not just me that has been noticing the issues there.