Do you prefer buying new or preloved and why?

I prefer buying new because I love the whole experience.... And when it comes to mono I love the virgin white vachetta and the patina process when it ages...

I prefer new so authenticity isn't a question, but I find myself liking some items that have been long discontinued so obv pre-loved is the only way to go then :sweatdrop:

I used to try to do preloved but hate the authenticity paranoia!!! So now I think I'm going to only buy new to save the heartache. It is a terrible feeling to even think you have been duped.

Any brand but LV I only buy new. LV I buy new and pre-LVoed because so many people buy bags and change their minds and I reap the benefits! I got a gently used bloomsbury MIF for $620 which means I saved over $500 off the cost of full retail plus tax. I got a brand new never used delightful MM for $700, used it for a few months and re-sold it for $750. I figure if I can save money, I will.

I know some folks who don't like the cloth USA tags swear to only buy pre-LVoed from now on because they prefer the old tags.

I have two pre-loved items (a Fendi spy bag and LV Mono Keepall) and, although I am 99.9% certain of their authenticity, that 0.10% constantly niggles at me, and I don't feel quite the same when I carry them. So, unless there was an LE that I 'had' to have, I don't think I would buy pre-loved again. I do think the authentication section of this forum is brilliant though.

i only bought 1 pre-loved item ( a mono noe)... i have never used it...i would not do it again ever!!! i worried so much about it being fake etc.... it's just not worth it!!! i also love the light colored leather before it patina's!!! and i do like the whole shopping in person experience!!

I always prefer new, however...I purchased almost all my speedy's pre-loved on ebay. All are authentic and I saved at least 20-40% off retail! Which makes me feel great! They are all in like new condition and you'd never know they are used.

I only buy new. God knows what some people put in their purses and that makes me a little grossed out. I know a few people that use their NF's and Speedy's as overnight bags and yes they toss their dirty clothes in their bags, I remember actually seeing a person at the airport with dirty clothes piled in a NF. I am clean but not a paranoid clean freak but I draw the line at Dirty Undies :tdown:

Reactions: Namwan-