Books & Music Do you play a musical instrument or sing? Tell us your experiences...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. How many members here play musical instruments or sing?
    Did you start as a child?
    Were you ever in a band?

I use to play piano, and flute. I was pretty good on the flute and have since learned a little bit of the celtic harp. My husband and I met in a progressive rock band, we were both doing the sound for the gigs.

I've always wanted to learn the bass guitar - namely a Rickenbacker 4001 (think Chris Squire in Yes), the sound of that really transports me.

2. I play guitar, bass & drums.

I started at age 14.

I played in a band until a few years ago.

My Favorite guitar is the Fender Telecaster.

3. jburgh, I see in your avatar that you like Corgis. I have three Pembroke Welsh Corgis..best dogs ever!!

4. i played the piano from about age 6 until just before i turned 21. i played the flute for 2 years in middle school, and then sang from middle school to college. i hated the piano lessons and voice lessons. i guess i was lazy and didn't like to practice! haha. i do miss singing a lot but i still belt it out in my car and at home. :smile:

jburgh, that's so cool how you met your husband!

5. I play piano - took lessons for years as a kid. Made my 2 sons take lessons til they were 13 y/o. I have a beautiful baby grand piano and i still play. I really enjoy it.

6. Piano since I was 7...love it...flute, and voice...love music in all its forms..:heart:

7. I took piano from 5-17; clarinet from 11-17; chinese harp from 15-18. always wanted to sing but I don't have the lung capacity or range (^(oo)^)v

8. Violin since I was 8
    Piano since I was 12
    In Choir all through middle school and highschool
    I also have a few family members that are music educators in highschool and middle school.

9. I took piano for 4 years, was in choir at school for three.

10. Piano from 5 to 12. Quit when my mom passed away. Wish I hadn't.
    (My bookkeeper tells me I type like a pianist, lol)

Tried clarinet at about 9, just had too many other commitments to keep it up.

11. Flute and piccolo. Piano when I was younger and I attempted to teach myself guitar.

Flute and Piccolo through High school college: Marching band, symphonic, concert and orchestra.

I would love to get involved in a community orchestra. I love playing in an ensemble group. Music just takes my worries away.

12. I started playing the piano when I was in elementary school. Then I played the clarinet from 7th to 12 grade. I was in the marching band when I was in high school.

13. I played violin for 6 years but i'm not that good ...

14. I played piano for some time when younger. I can't really put my finger on how old I was.. maybe I should ask my mom LOL. I still play whenever I get the chance so as not to lose practice, but it's hard since I no longer own a piano or a keyboard, even.

15. piano, and I'm enjoying it!