Do you plan your outfit around your purse or choose the outfit first then the purse?

i do both. and i do it with shoes too. i tend to find one thing i wanna wear (sometimes a jacket, sometimes its a bag, shoes, cardigan, necklace, lol whatever catches my attention) then ill coordinate the outfit around that one piece. today it was a black tuxedo style vest

that's exactly what i do - though most often that one "special" item i plan around ends up being a bag!!:graucho:

i do both! but usually first my outfit or my shoes because i have soooo many bags ..so i always have a nice bag to match my outfit =) also an outfit is so much more complicated to choose for me =P but sometimes like when i have a new bag i would choose my outfit afterwards...

I have done it both ways depending on the occasion. On a day to day basis though, I carry my LV Papillon and rarely change it. It's too much of a hassle to me to get the other bag out of the dustbag, switch my stuff, and put the old one back in it's dustbag and put away. I just carry the same bag all the time and change it once every few months.

tend to grab a scarf or a pair of shoes and start from there.

Sometimes if I am going to be busy that week, I plan out my entire outfits, including watch and hair accessories. I will pre-knot my scarf and hang it with the rest of the accessories, clothes, handbag and shoes, so that the outfit is complete and ready for me to pop on. No thinking and all I have to worry about is my hair.

I am a SAHW so I have a lot of time to "throw" an outfit together, which takes a lot of planning. I have anxiety issues, so making last minute decisions throws me into a tissy.

However, it is really so organized and it makes me happy to walk in there and see everything laid out like a department store.

Oh I need mannequins! How cool would that be!

my outfit definitely more so than my bag or purse. I usually stress over my clothes then randomly pick out a bag or purse that I feel like wearing, but still making sure it goes with what i'm wearing